Summer Lights at Syncropendence

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

max.karisma
80-90 Mem No: 3693

Summer Lights at Syncropendence

Post by max.karisma »

For those that don't know, Macmillan Cancer Support promote events that everyone can get involved with in order to raise money. Summer Lights is happening for the first time and the big day is Saturday 25th June . . . Syncropendence! So we are looking to organise this great event alongside our Syncro gathering.
Information regarding this event can be found on line at http://www.summerlights.org.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; but to briefly put you in the picture it is all about inviting friends along (that's you lot), lighting up your night (and vans) with solar lights, tea lights, candles, led's etc (safely), providing food, and raising money (details to follow).

What we hope to do over the weekend:
A Cake Sale (homemade cakes donated, wrapped and priced please)
Copper VW logo, bring along your coppers (1p & 2p) to create a floor vw image (all monies donated)
A Raffle on Saturday night, tickets will be sold on Friday and Saturday (we are looking for desirable raffle prize donations i.e. vouchers, hampers, vw and camping goodies which are to be brought along on the weekend )

What we would like you to do:

:) Donate to any of the above
:) Bring along as many pennies and two pennies as you can
:) Light your vans up and any spare lights for the communal areas on Saturday Evening
:) Bring along food for our Saturday night cold buffet, wedding style, not that there is a wedding, well not that I know of and if there is let me know, I'll bring a hat! . . . so that means pork pies, crisps, coleslaw, pickles, cheese & crackers, salads, meats etc.
:) Please bring along any spare money that you have for the donation envelopes (given out over the weekend)

If you can't be with us but would like to donate we will be setting up a 'Just Giving Page'

Also at Camper Jam we will be choosing this charity for the monies raised for 'Rides in the Quarry' so please come along and support

Please use this post to let us know what you intend to bring and share on the evening . . . I'm hoping that everyone feels as passionate as we do about this charity and that we can come together, have fun in our vans, share good food, have an eventful weekend and raise money for this greatly needed support.
Last edited by max.karisma on 06 Jun 2016, 06:23, edited 1 time in total.
Dream as if you will live forever; Live as if you will die today, James Dean

silverbullet
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 6908

Re: Summer Lights at Syncropendence

Post by silverbullet »

Will you be accepting Euros (just covering all eventualities)
:mrgreen:

Ich fahre einen Bulli. Ich hilfe mir selbst...meistens!

Bucketbabe
80-90 Mem No: 12616

Post by Bucketbabe »

Not sure if it fits in with the wedding theme, but do you fancy some fondue? If not let me know and I'll do summat else.
Ooh! What about boozy bruschetta? A sort of Bloody Mary on toast
take the road less travelled

max.karisma

Post by max.karisma »

silverbullet wrote:Will you be accepting Euros (just covering all eventualities)
:mrgreen:

Ich fahre einen Bulli. Ich hilfe mir selbst...meistens!

Please could we just stick to the brief Ian :)

max.karisma

Post by max.karisma »

Bucketbabe wrote:Not sure if it fits in with the wedding theme, but do you fancy some fondue? If not let me know and I'll do summat else.
Ooh! What about boozy bruschetta? A sort of Bloody Mary on toast

It all sounds very interesting Fiona but I must admit when I read the two I just had boozy fondue in my head!! thank you Fiona.
I used the word wedding more as a way of describing the type of buffet, pretty much anything cold and yummy goes :)

bene
80-90 Mem No: 13093

Post by bene »

Hey there,
We will bring a jar of coppers.
We will bring a selection of cold foods for sure - pork pies, cold meats, cheeses (we are carb free as much as possible)
Hopefully the wife will be able to bake her Oreo cookie cup cakes, but this might not happen, due to the carb free thing.
I will also bring along as many lights as i can, i think my dad has a few LED strips laying about and we have a few torches and lamps.
And happy to donate as much money as we can! its a great cause! Good work!
Any one for cricket? what what?

max.karisma

Post by max.karisma »

bene wrote:Hey there,
We will bring a jar of coppers.
We will bring a selection of cold foods for sure - pork pies, cold meats, cheeses (we are carb free as much as possible)
Hopefully the wife will be able to bake her Oreo cookie cup cakes, but this might not happen, due to the carb free thing.
I will also bring along as many lights as i can, i think my dad has a few LED strips laying about and we have a few torches and lamps.
And happy to donate as much money as we can! its a great cause! Good work!

Thank you, that's sounds Great!!
And thank you for the feedback. As you can imagine it is difficult trying to organise an event over the forum without input so if you would like to support us on the day please post up, it would be great to hear from you :)

devonmaid
80-90 Mem No: 0

Post by devonmaid »

Hopefully I'll bake some choc brownies for the cake sale - so long as they survive the journey with Roger. Can I make an in absentia donation to the raffle of a bottle of Plymouth's finest? Someone else will have to provide the tonic and lemons tho :wink:

Bucketbabe

Post by Bucketbabe »

Oh no! Are you not going to make it?
If so, that's disappointing as I just got my hands on something REALLY special to share with you :wink:

devonmaid

Post by devonmaid »

No, Roger is flying solo for this Syncropendence. This is a really busy time of year at the lab for me, as we have our annual science review and I coordinate it. But .... this is the last time for me, taking early retirement and hopefully will be a lady of leisure from 19th August onwards. I think Roger is looking forward to it :roll: :D

max.karisma

Post by max.karisma »

devonmaid wrote:Hopefully I'll bake some choc brownies for the cake sale - so long as they survive the journey with Roger. Can I make an in absentia donation to the raffle of a bottle of Plymouth's finest? Someone else will have to provide the tonic and lemons tho :wink:

That sounds great Julia, thank you for the donations . . . well if they survive! I'm glad you posted up to let us know so we can search the vehicle for cakes when Roger arrives :D
Any more cakes for the cake sale or prizes for the raffle?

We do appreciate any donations for the Saturday Evening Fund Raiser which is an add on to our usual social gathering and totally voluntary. For those new to SP we do organise a social gathering on the Saturday night to bring everyone together to share food & drinks and chat about the days driving. Just for this year we have teamed up with the Macmillian Trust as there event day is the same Saturday as Syncropendence.

hugomonkey
80-90 Mem No: 10485

Post by hugomonkey »

since its become a charitable event I will be bringing even more beer than usual
Regards Jason
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHp3lQKS6lo" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Bucketbabe

Post by Bucketbabe »

Of course we'll bring a cake to sell, or maybe biscuits, depends what Shaun feels like baking :rofl
Also something to raffle. Anything to raise money for this good cause.
We've hunted down the back of the sofa and have a pot with a few coppers too

IrishSam

Post by IrishSam »

Would you be interested in a donation of a coffee and tea hamper? I can see about getting one from work.

Will try and make some cakes but cant promise anything :)

max.karisma

Post by max.karisma »

hugomonkey wrote:since its become a charitable event I will be bringing even more beer than usual

We like very much and thank you from all that will be consuming your beer :D