Camper Jam roll call etc.. BOOK NOW!!!!

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

toomanytoys
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 41

Camper Jam roll call etc.. BOOK NOW!!!!

Post by toomanytoys »

Camper Jam is soon upon us.. 1st to 3rd July, weekend after Syncropendence

I have been informed tickets are selling fast, so you need to get booked NOW.. select Syncronauts from the drop down menu to camp with us.. Last year many people missed out as they left it too late to book..

This year we will be running more "demo drives" where the public make a donation to a charity for the privilege of having a lap of the off road course and the Camper Jam team are going to promote the rides more this year based on our rave reviews and success previous years..

We are going to need volunteers to carry passengers and also for marshalling.... Please Contact me directly if you are prepared to drive some of the sessions. (And make sure you have booked tickets), vehicles need to have seatbelts on all passenger seats.

Syncro owners will get chance to do a lap or 2 of the off road course in their own vehicles if they so wish, guidance will be on hand for those less familiar.

There will be the club stand with plenty of info and displays and we may even have a resident expert performing a VC rebuild or 2 over the weekend.

We primarily want Syncros in the camping area, but 2wd's are also welcome.. plenty of space as we should be situated in the same spot as last year right opposite the quarry off road course.

Sure there will be an additional thread soon with the Saturday eve festivity plans and theme..

Looking forward to seeing you all and more attend this year.

bene
80-90 Mem No: 13093

Re: Camper Jam roll call etc.. BOOK NOW!!!!

Post by bene »

Im hoping to go to this show as well as Busfest but funds are a little tight at the moment.
I need to sell some parts and then hopefully that can subsidise the £90 i will have to pay in total for tickets.

Simon, i will be honest... there is no way i could give 'rides' around the course as i am still yet to get any off roading worth mentioning under my belt.
I doubt i would be able to help much with marshalling either as my 14 week old baby will take priority over everything and i wouldnt want to let you down last minute if she decides to go nuclear!

wow just realised my post is completely pointless...
Any one for cricket? what what?

clift_d
80-90 Mem No: 11695

Post by clift_d »

We've booked. I'm not sure that we'll be able to provide rides in our van, but I'm sure I can help out with some marshalling, etc.
1988 LHD T25 1.6TD Westfalia Club Joker Hightop syncro

Winchweight
80-90 Mem No: 12697

Post by Winchweight »

Simon, we are booked in and will have the doka as well as the camper, so happy to drive and marshal.

Bene, the off-roading is gentle and easy going (looks more spectacular (to the uninitiated) than it is), so I'd be happy to take you round in our doka, then accompany you in your van.
http://www.thelittleredbus.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

VW 2.1 WBX DJ Syncro Doka - SOLD
VW 1.9 TDi AHU Syncro Camper

jebiga41
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 5654

Post by jebiga41 »

Won't be there but booked my ferry for syncropendence so definately going :)
VW T3/T25 and Syncro Gearbox rebuilds
http://vantopia.ie

bene
80-90 Mem No: 13093

Post by bene »

Winchweight wrote:Simon, we are booked in and will have the doka as well as the camper, so happy to drive and marshal.

Bene, the off-roading is gentle and easy going (looks more spectacular (to the uninitiated) than it is), so I'd be happy to take you round in our doka, then accompany you in your van.

That's great! Thanks! I have been itching to get off the tarmac...
Any one for cricket? what what?

IndigoSteve
80-90 Mem No: 14473

Post by IndigoSteve »

The £90 price is holding me up!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

toomanytoys
Trader

Post by toomanytoys »

Well.. Not sure baptism in the quarry is a great idea for non experienced drivers.. And certainly not for the passenger carrying duties.. But we can see.(get to syncropendence the weekend before...) but as said.. Ride with one of us and we will guide you round if you wish to drive the course.. There are a couple of steep drops and climbs and you need to be confident off road to drive them.. And the tight section round the back literaly is a case of 2 or 3 inches to spare...

I will be driving all/most sessions.. I presume Dr Winchweight you will drive quite a few too?
We normally aim for 3 vehicles circulating at any one time.. Keeps tracks clear and passengers moving..
Of course the popularity this year may mean we need to run a few more sessions.. (i have had word from the organisers they are going to promote it better) so a few other drivers would be nice even if you only do 1 session...

Sessions would be sat and sunday...

Marshaling is required at a couple.of spots, this can be a little boring at times but safety first.. But you will be at a position to.see a syncro in action.. So it would be good to have a few peeps willing to swap out and do a session each..

lloydy
80-90 Mem No: 5262

Post by lloydy »

I think I'll be booking over the weekend.
Time is a drug. Too much of it kills you

Winchweight
80-90 Mem No: 12697

Post by Winchweight »

toomanytoys wrote: I will be driving all/most sessions.. I presume Dr Winchweight you will drive quite a few too?..

Yes mate as many as you like.

When BB did he booking there was no option for a second vehicle. I assume we do as last year and phone up to get a second pass? Is there a point of contact for the Syncros?
http://www.thelittleredbus.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

VW 2.1 WBX DJ Syncro Doka - SOLD
VW 1.9 TDi AHU Syncro Camper

lloydy
80-90 Mem No: 5262

Post by lloydy »

Booked! Me and the two kids (Jo's at a wedding)
Time is a drug. Too much of it kills you

Wedgbury
80-90 Mem No: 15292

Post by Wedgbury »

Right - will get onto the ticket booking and then we'll defo do some driving & ferrying passengers as per last year. Add me to the list!
:ok

Just booked tickets so we're a definite.....look forward to seeing everyone there.

M4tt_1
80-90 Mem No: 15107

Post by M4tt_1 »

Happy to chip in with some marshalling duties Si. Unless England get some unlikely success in the Euro's and make it to the Qtr finals that weekend!!!

Matt
1986, RHD EJ22 Syncro 

toomanytoys
Trader

Post by toomanytoys »

Winchweight wrote:
toomanytoys wrote: I will be driving all/most sessions.. I presume Dr Winchweight you will drive quite a few too?..

Yes mate as many as you like.

When BB did he booking there was no option for a second vehicle. I assume we do as last year and phone up to get a second pass? Is there a point of contact for the Syncros?

Let me ask.... :ok

Bucketbabe
80-90 Mem No: 12616

Post by Bucketbabe »

Don't worry, I will expose them to the BB charm offensive tomorrow
take the road less travelled