THANK YOU for Camperjam

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

David Eccles
80-90 Mem No: 0

THANK YOU for Camperjam

Post by David Eccles »

Can I just say a massive thanks to all the syncronauts for taking people round everyone I spoke to was impressed with skill of drivers and the seemingly effortless way the buses rode the course....
You really added something to the show and I hope we can continue and build on where we have finally managed to get to!
And thanks to Si for taking on pulling it together and keeping faith we could make something happen ....
David Eccles

jrt
80-90 Mem No: 10288

Re: THANK YOU for Camperjam

Post by jrt »

Loved going around that course, first time in a Doka, thanks to all involved :ok
David
the future is unwritten

Winchweight
80-90 Mem No: 12697

Post by Winchweight »

Our pleasure, we like showing off our toys. Any pictures anyone?

A couple of thoughts for next year, could we have a few more signs for to direct people up to us and perhaps be deconflicted from the Overland / Safari display in the arena which was on Saturday whilst we were doing the off road rides please?
http://www.thelittleredbus.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

VW 2.1 WBX DJ Syncro Doka - SOLD
VW 1.9 TDi AHU Syncro Camper

David Eccles

Post by David Eccles »

hopefully next year we can tie up the principles earlier to give you guys plenty of time....was wary of inundating you and putting too much on you tis time as it was so late being finalised but no prob to give it more PR next time
and if there's a syncro display up by course we can easily delete that category from showfield display!

Winchweight
80-90 Mem No: 12697

Post by Winchweight »

Cool, looking forward to it already!

Any photos?
http://www.thelittleredbus.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

VW 2.1 WBX DJ Syncro Doka - SOLD
VW 1.9 TDi AHU Syncro Camper

jrt
80-90 Mem No: 10288

Post by jrt »

Winchweight wrote:Our pleasure, we like showing off our toys. Any pictures anyone?

A couple of thoughts for next year, could we have a few more signs for to direct people up to us and perhaps be deconflicted from the Overland / Safari display in the arena which was on Saturday whilst we were doing the off road rides please?
I usually have my camera handy but in a rash moment on Saturday evening I bought a Elswick folding bike for 12 quid, took it for a spin around the site and damaged the screen on it :oops: :)
I think a sign by the entrance to the traders camping area/by the water point/cattle grid would be helpful in the future.
David
the future is unwritten

HarryMann
Admin/Mod
80-90 Mem No: 379

Post by HarryMann »

Thanks very much David... it worked well and we had a lovely spot to base ourselves in the beautiful Weston parkland... I personally love the views so would be great to reserve that area adjacent to the quarry ;)

Please let Jazz Publishing know that we raised £270 for charity that Syncronauts funds will round up to £300.
One of our member's daughter is recovering from childhood leukaemia so we have asked him to nominate the relevant charity or charities.

And thank you for working with Simon TMT this year and Richard Haslock and the Syncronauts generally over the last few years to develop the formula that seems to work.

Clive

PS. Us early arriving organisers didn't get our packs so knew nothing about the Overland Safari stand... possibly a good thing not to get distracted :)
The 80-90 Tech Wikipedia Your 1st port of call :idea

1.9TD Syncro Doka / Syncro Kastenwagen / 16" Kombi Camper
Syncronaut No. 1

David Eccles

Post by David Eccles »

I will make sure the charity fund raiser is flagged up BIG TIME to the main organisers and also make sure its mentioned in mag write ups - that's an impressive amount ...
on my list of feedback is that lots of us (me included) did not get programmes or bin bags... :wink:

Vdub89
80-90 Mem No: 6123

Post by Vdub89 »

Hi All,

I have been beaten to it...but i was just going to echo these comments and say how lovely, knowledgeable and friendly you all were. Particular thanks to Harry for talking to me and my brother in law for a good half an hour about syncros.

We loved being taken around, my apologies for not knowing names, but enjoyed the DOKA 16 inch and the 1.6 jx camper as well, was really nice chatting to the owners. It was the highlight of my show! I filmed both trips around with my hero camera, came out ok....I am more than happy to send the videos to someone....you may be able to splice the two trips together and put some cool music to it.

I have set myself the target of saving for a syncro 14 inch for my 30th next year....hopefully i may be able to join you next year.

Thanks again

Marcus

David Eccles

Post by David Eccles »

Marcus if you contact me on editor@volkswagencamper.co.uk I'd be interested in giving stuff to our video guy to see if he can do a shortie we could maybe get up on Camper Jam website?

silverbullet
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 6908

Post by silverbullet »

Huge thanks to whoever thought of giving demo rides for charitable donations; also to everyone who chipped in for a bumpy syncro ride and those who did the driving and thereby raised so much.

I suppose that after this we had better show up next year... maybe in a syncro :oops:

silverbullet
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 6908

Post by silverbullet »

PS Having just put a smile her face reading Clive's last post, Erin thinks that on reflection the money should go here
https://leukaemialymphomaresearch.org.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Thanks again

HarryMann
Admin/Mod
80-90 Mem No: 379

Post by HarryMann »

Hehe... our lovely Syncronaut bag lady Max provided us all with those David.

Oops! Max i meant 'bin bag provision' lady :)

We're going with Erin's suggestion Ian.

Was nice to meet and chat Marcus... keep saving every penny ;)

Thanks to all who contributed to the collection and without question put their hand in their pocket.

Main drivers were:
Simon Whitmore (TooManyToys)
David Wedgebury (Wedgebury)
Sean Chant (Winchweight)
The 80-90 Tech Wikipedia Your 1st port of call :idea

1.9TD Syncro Doka / Syncro Kastenwagen / 16" Kombi Camper
Syncronaut No. 1

toomanytoys
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 41

Post by toomanytoys »

I am glad everyone enjoyed..
Massive thanks to Sean and David for also driving both days..
Big thanks to Rob, Max and Alex for marshalling..
Also thanks to jenny, Sharon and Kirsty for bookings and relieving peeps of their cash..

I will apologise if I was a bit short or grumpy with anyone at any time over the weekend.. a lot of effort went into organising this and it took its toll at some point.. Sorry.. :oops:

David Eccles.. Thanks to you for putting up with me pestering you for a year about this.. LOL.... I am glad it all came together and hope the "organisation" noticed what an asset this could be.. Please pass on my thanks to Emma and David Arthur for the patience and assistance they gave.. :ok
And also for sending the lovely lady from VW press for a ride, could have warned me she was so gorgeous.. :rofl

I also have to thank Clive and Jenny for their support and confidence to allow me to run with this one.. :ok