Syncropendence Thanks.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

jed the spread
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 1967

Syncropendence Thanks.

Post by jed the spread »

A big thanks to all of those who made number 10 so epic. I think this one was the best ones so far for us. It was brilliant to be able to try out some new towing techniques in preparation for other trips we plan on taking later this year, amazing to hang out with the usual crowd and make two new friends Fab and Carla, finding out that Alex can drink as much as me :shock: , Isaac absolutely loved it and wants to hang out with his Dad more often now too.

I am not sure you can ever get bored with the venue because every time I go I find another part I haven't driven before and the views are always amazing.

Jed and Isaac
CAMPERVANCULTURE.COM

VW T25 Van Spares, Westfalia Parts, Quality Camping Gear & More

..lee..
80-90 Mem No: 4478

Re: Syncropendence Thanks.

Post by ..lee.. »

Great weekend it was shame I couldn't stretch it to a week. Could have stayed there for ever. Thanks to all that made it happen and a big thanks to Rich for lending me PEJ and the tent.
it`s a big round cage and there`s too many animals in it for my liking. To help address this ring lee on 07977 765818.

max and caddy
80-90 Mem No: 0

Post by max and caddy »

Yep, it was rather good...drive home was heavy going! My apologies to everyone not saying bye but felt a tad rough Sunday morning!

Next year I'm going to be better kitted out and i won't be fetching the range along again! I didn't even bring a mug..what a mong.

Can't wait for the action videos to start popping up.

toomanytoys
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 41

Post by toomanytoys »

Yes.. big thanks to what seemed to me to be a very relaxed and unstressed event.. not as big a turn out as some, but none the worse for it.. some new faces.. and hopefully some new things learnt..
Thing Jed and I did ok at understanding and explaining the safer recovery stuff we have learnt.. :ok

Hoping I can make Devon event now. not been there..

Yes.. Sunday morn was a bit of hard work for me too.. :rofl :rofl :rofl

Big thanks to those that organized and set stuff up.. :ok :ok :ok

Aidan
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 742

Post by Aidan »

Thanks to everyone who came and enjoyed themselves, big thanks to Clive and Jenny for organising it all in the background and to those who set up the recovery demonstration/workshop and the punch trial and the trials, chopped and fetched the firewood and those who brought the spirits :lol:

They've all boggered off now, hopefully esconced in campsite at Aberavon I think tonight

Nial you left your toothbrush :roll:

biggest thanks to Patrick for destruction testing and then replacing my handbrake cable , must put some air back in the tyres tomorrow

syncropatrick
80-90 Mem No: 5294

Post by syncropatrick »

A splendid weekend. Managed to stay in shorts all the time, so summer must have arrived. Good weather made for a relaxed, unhurried affair.
Hello to all, new and old, you made my weekend.
The 'bob on' club camaraderie came out and helped those in need with spare parts, advice and willing hands.
I was green with envy as I drove back from Bala with some new seats, to see the long-termers heading past me for the weeks laning in Wales. You lucky so and so's.
Managed to forget all weekend to ask 'what is the hole size in the front cross member underneath the bumper top that one rivets the foglight brackets too?'.
Campervan Dehler Profi hightop Syncro 16” AGG

windy
80-90 Mem No: 14574

Post by windy »

Aha, thats why I saw so many T25's coming through Shrewsbury yesterday early evening & a couple leaving Oswestry today too :D I was in the white high top syncro camper travelling in the opposite direction, totally unaware that the event had been on :(
Mark.
2wd Syncro. JX powered. White with black ragtop sunroof

Fabzzz
80-90 Mem No: 11842

Post by Fabzzz »

windy wrote:Aha, thats why I saw so many T25's coming through Shrewsbury yesterday early evening & a couple leaving Oswestry today too :D I was in the white high top syncro camper travelling in the opposite direction, totally unaware that the event had been on :(

i think i cross you on a round about flat out ! :mrgreen:

thanks to everyone, organizers, participant everything and everyone awesome. Do we put the pics on here ? or is someone gonna make a special post for the weekend ?
If you want to follow the evolution of my van: http://www.flickr.com/photos/92871568@N ... hotostream

jed the spread
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 1967

Post by jed the spread »

Fabzzz wrote:
windy wrote:Aha, thats why I saw so many T25's coming through Shrewsbury yesterday early evening & a couple leaving Oswestry today too :D I was in the white high top syncro camper travelling in the opposite direction, totally unaware that the event had been on :(

thanks to everyone, organizers, participant everything and everyone awesome. Do we put the pics on here ? or is someone gonna make a special post for the weekend ?

Lets have them, here is as good as anywhere I guess.

Jed
CAMPERVANCULTURE.COM

VW T25 Van Spares, Westfalia Parts, Quality Camping Gear & More

HarryMann
Admin/Mod
80-90 Mem No: 379

Post by HarryMann »

Yeh, pictures in line please Fabzz. Yup we're at a fantastic campsite on Aberavon now
The 80-90 Tech Wikipedia Your 1st port of call :idea

1.9TD Syncro Doka / Syncro Kastenwagen / 16" Kombi Camper
Syncronaut No. 1

Fabzzz
80-90 Mem No: 11842

Post by Fabzzz »

jed the spread wrote:
Fabzzz wrote:

Lets have them, here is as good as anywhere I guess.

Jed

gimme a few minute if not tomorow :ok
Attachments
for the thurst ;-)
for the thurst ;-)
1_33813_36930.jpeg (11.44 KiB) Viewed 12165 times
If you want to follow the evolution of my van: http://www.flickr.com/photos/92871568@N ... hotostream

windy
80-90 Mem No: 14574

Post by windy »

Fabzzz wrote:i think i cross you on a round about flat out ! :mrgreen:
Yes, just saw you out of the corner of my eye waving at the last minute & only just managed to wave back. Must be the camouflage (plus I was pretty much flat out too :mrgreen: ) Nice to see a few syncro's on the road, quite a rare sight :)
Mark.
2wd Syncro. JX powered. White with black ragtop sunroof

Syncrobaz
80-90 Mem No: 10610

Post by Syncrobaz »

I wasn't able to attend as my doctor has concerns re. my liver :roll: :roll:

See you in Devon :ok

No pics yet, are the Chemist's shut!!!!
Syncronaut no 152
92 RHD mv panel van
94 RHD jx doka 16"

max and caddy
80-90 Mem No: 0

Post by max and caddy »

Ahh the piano grog....just imagine them sat there in suits playing piano absolutely sheet faced?

Makes my chuckle when remember that, and Jeds story about meeting mr B with his winkle out... :rofl

Mudlark
80-90 Mem No: 394

Post by Mudlark »

I was there in spirit!

Family duties saw me at Ye Olde trip to Jerusalem Inn Saturday and the Devon weekend will see us travelling back home through Italy/France after our hols so it looks to be an eventless year for us in 2013 :cry: It has to change.

Photos/vids will help ease matters .......
--
1.9 TDI Syncro 16 Westfalia Joker
--