Syncropendence Thanks.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

silverbullet
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 6908

Re: Syncropendence Thanks.

Post by silverbullet »

HarryMann wrote:We needed two trees the right distance apart, but did it for the kids between two vans.. which moved a bit on their springs.
Will think it through better next time...

Maybe a 3:2:1 ground anchor / spanish windlass combination would have helped there Clive?

All a bit "Scouting for Boys" I know, but a little basic pioneering knowledge goes a long way :wink:

JennyTyger
80-90 Mem No: 379

Post by JennyTyger »

More piccies of our week in Wales. We camped on the Aberafon campsite on the Llyn peninsula and spent Tuesday green laning:

The green shelter tent that blew down the next morning... very annoying gusty wind all night turning violent at sunrise :-)

Snowdonia laning on the Tuesday.. the Northern route

Here come the Welshcake eaters. ..

Rob looks happy enough passengering with Paul... we did ask twice!

Not any old gate...

Another fine example of a Snowdonia gate... and narrower than a narrow thing

Jenny
Member: 379

every decoding is another encoding

ermie571
80-90 Mem No: 2129

Post by ermie571 »

Jenny - did your Khyam go?? Or did you mean the big shelter that was in the middle of the campsite in Llanfyllin?
2.1 DJ 1990 Caravelle (died and gone to heaven)
2.0 AGG (1997 ish) 1984 transporter LPG

JennyTyger

Post by JennyTyger »

No this was a similar but square shelter tent. The tape loop (which the leg goes through) at the bottom of one corner tore off the tent and the leg flew up. Fortunately we were half awake and heard it go and were able to rescue it before it was completely destroyed. We're hoping to repair it.
Jenny
Member: 379

every decoding is another encoding

HarryMann
Admin/Mod

Post by HarryMann »

... as in half awake with the flapping noise all night.. same again 2 nights later :-)
The 80-90 Tech Wikipedia Your 1st port of call :idea

1.9TD Syncro Doka / Syncro Kastenwagen / 16" Kombi Camper
Syncronaut No. 1

jed the spread
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 1967

Post by jed the spread »

I recognize some of those lanes from when Jake, Russel and I used to go off in the same area on our shin digs. Some great wild camping spots in that area and I really love the photos :mrgreen:

I think Isaac and I need to do the after party next year :ok

Jed
CAMPERVANCULTURE.COM

VW T25 Van Spares, Westfalia Parts, Quality Camping Gear & More

Fabzzz
80-90 Mem No: 11842

Post by Fabzzz »

jed the spread wrote:I recognize some of those lanes from when Jake, Russel and I used to go off in the same area on our shin digs. Some great wild camping spots in that area and I really love the photos :mrgreen:

I think Isaac and I need to do the after party next year :ok

Jed

i think Carla and me will too. such a great place to visit and drive arround. :mrgreen:
If you want to follow the evolution of my van: http://www.flickr.com/photos/92871568@N ... hotostream

cpsyncro
80-90 Mem No: 9132

Post by cpsyncro »

A very big thank you to Clive and Jenny and all others that set up the event and events over the weekend and thank you to those who helped with the tec supports/fuge it parts to help the van run and not over heat :ok
The kids loved the camp site despite me pulling up and stepping in a fresh turd first thing lol

Working on getting the van fully working and I'm having such a game with the locker sencer trying to get on it :evil: I can see it but just can't get it off well I can remove the wire.
1989 carravelle c convertion 2.1 petrol gear box undecided lol working progress

HarryMann
Admin/Mod

Post by HarryMann »

And a few more of the rest of our week in Wales ...

The whispering sands:

Andy cooking everyone Rogan Josh:

Off-road segwaying:

The 80-90 Tech Wikipedia Your 1st port of call :idea

1.9TD Syncro Doka / Syncro Kastenwagen / 16" Kombi Camper
Syncronaut No. 1

max.karisma
80-90 Mem No: 3693

Post by max.karisma »

Oooo! at last got chance to post, this weather makes it full on for me at work and home!

And here I go with my thank you's which are many . . .

Can't agree more with those who have already posted, SP this year showed the mountain in its full glory and perfect driving conditions :D It was a nice mix of new and old faces, great weather and great company!

Thank you to all for my birthday presents . . . wine, t-shirt (thanks Sally :D ) repaired drop link and strap & shackles, everything I would have asked for :D
I would like to say thank to all that organised the event and for the great addition of the recovery workshop . . . all questions answered and demonstrated!

Thank you for all those that set up the Punch Hunt and the one that I wanted to get!!! before I smashed my windscreen . . . there was a lil pause afterwards :roll:
No thanks to my insurance company that said 4 days to fit one but a big thank you to Aidan who offered me his spare windscreen :ok SP over and on to Aidan's workshop before leaving for Aberafon. Nerves were high as I knew that putting a used windscreen in could be fatal but thanks to David and Rob the job was completed in record time (and pleased I didn't find too many ugly's under rubber either!).

Off to the campsite with Clive, Jenny, Jason, Rob, Andy, Paul, David and Nial. Great site right next to the sea . . . where the weather changes quickly :shock: We all joined in with 3 course communal meals which were very yummy but interesting when eaten in a club tent in gale force winds :o
A gathering of tent parts and belongings followed on!
The weather picked up and there was lots to explore . . . a local copper mine, squeaky sands and Segway . . . what fun, would recommend to you all (shame about the speed restriction!)

Then off to CJ, our presence was not highlighted as much as last year as the sun never stopped shining and the ground was bone dry! But we definitely had a display with Fab, Jason and Marlo with his definitely over sized LT!

Big thanks to Lisa and Rich for the birthday cake and Cava, very yummy and enjoyed by all :D After many parts bought we were off to Aidan's on Sunday afternoon to . . . yes . . . take out his windscreen and replace with the new green tinted windscreen he had purchased for me while away :ok

Thanks to David, Andy an Aidan for the slick removal, without damage to Aidan's screen, and replace with new screen . . . a long week . . . but then we strapped an engine into David's van to keep him an Nial company overnight on his way home!!

Full on 10 days but I would recommend to all for next year . . . and I'm glad I wont be doing the coffee making and cooking again!!

Looking forward to the next time :D Hopefully some pics on here but def FB. Don't forget to book Adventure Overland Show, Stratford on Avon :D
Dream as if you will live forever; Live as if you will die today, James Dean

max.karisma
80-90 Mem No: 3693

Post by max.karisma »

Dream as if you will live forever; Live as if you will die today, James Dean