So.. who was at coney!!!! (initial report)

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

Fabzzz
80-90 Mem No: 11842

Re: So.. who was at coney!!!! (initial report)

Post by Fabzzz »

I think i have Irish Paul and Tinckerbelle on the same bit of slope, will upload it later.
If you want to follow the evolution of my van: http://www.flickr.com/photos/92871568@N ... hotostream

silverbullet
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 6908

Post by silverbullet »

I'd already been down there before Dai had a go. He was watching me scare myself stupid first...
(nervous laughter) :shock:

Fabzzz

Post by Fabzzz »

If you want to follow the evolution of my van: http://www.flickr.com/photos/92871568@N ... hotostream

max and caddy
80-90 Mem No: 0

Post by max and caddy »

Oh my god!

Fabzzz

Post by Fabzzz »

Carla says she will work on her "filming" capabilities, specially audio. :ok

jes*b
80-90 Mem No: 10335

Post by jes*b »

Paul decided to pull his front diff lock on during this decent, the knob came off in his hand. When we got to the bottom we effected a running repair with a set of pliers only to discover the diff lock wouldn't engage. Add to this the fact that he has the buttons wired the wrong way round, most of the electrics are duff, you have to lift the "firepoker" style gear stick to select 1st 2nd 3rd & 4th but not for G and reverse and you pretty much have the perfect Syncro . :ok ...almost :wink:

Fabzzz

Post by Fabzzz »

jes*b wrote:Paul decided to pull his front diff lock on during this decent, the knob came off in his hand. When we got to the bottom we effected a running repair with a set of pliers only to discover the diff lock wouldn't engage. Add to this the fact that he has the buttons wired the wrong way round, most of the electrics are duff, you have to lift the "firepoker" style gear stick to select 1st 2nd 3rd & 4th but not for G and reverse and you pretty much have the perfect Syncro . :ok ...almost :wink:

oh my god oh my god oh my god ....

Syncrobaz
80-90 Mem No: 10610

Post by Syncrobaz »

And all achieved with only 4 nuts on the osf wheel :shock: :shock:
Syncronaut no 152
92 RHD mv panel van
94 RHD jx doka 16"

HarryMann
Admin/Mod
80-90 Mem No: 379

Post by HarryMann »

... and 8 years ago, many attending were trialling around that junction of tracks... we might even have created it by laying the marker posts across. Think Bob leaned on a tree near there in Max's Caravelle...

Those woods were almost virgin then and much less space between the trees then (it seemed)... what a shame it's been overused.

One year - tyres down to 12 psi to escape, after a wee shower when we were in there.

Pete, three-penny bit... half a crown :D

How many know what the shape and size of 3d bit was though.. that was a strange coin by any measure :|
The 80-90 Tech Wikipedia Your 1st port of call :idea

1.9TD Syncro Doka / Syncro Kastenwagen / 16" Kombi Camper
Syncronaut No. 1

max.karisma
80-90 Mem No: 3693

Post by max.karisma »

Sounds like we all had an exciting weekend . . . it was great to see so many syncros attending and descending, in every direction!

My weekend was a roller coaster too, while travelling to the meet . . . plenty of white smoke started coming from my van, stranded at the side of a dual carriage way and thinking the worst :( then Mario from MV engineering pulled up (amazingly his garage was only 1 mile from where I had stopped). I took a little convincing because I didn't know who he was!! but then limped my van to his garage . . . I was thinking engine out, he was thinking breather blocked . . . many hours later and he had me on my way . . . what a nice bloke, my knight in a not so shiny black VW :) You can imagine the emotions I went through :cry:
I just want to say a big thank you to everyone that helped me Fri nite, to everyone that helped towards fitting my interior and a BIG BIG thank you to David for spending a day and a half with me fitting my interior :D I'm so happy to have someone to help me!
It was great to get out Sunday afternoon and get 'down an dirty', the trial was great!!!

AND I'm so happy to have made it to the event, what a great turn out of faces old and new, loved the company and the site ( shame about the rain) but overall a fantastic weekend . . . big thanks to the organisers :)
Dream as if you will live forever; Live as if you will die today, James Dean

jebiga41
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 5654

Post by jebiga41 »

Well finally on the ferry with a fully loaded horse :wink: Great to see all the usual suspects and some more new faces big thanks to everyone who organised the event.
Syncrobaz wrote:And all achieved with only 4 nuts on the osf wheel :shock: :shock:
On such a precision machine which evokes a living creature with its animal musculature it is required to remove two wheel nuts one front drivers side and one rear passenger side to achieve perfect harmonic balance. As my mentor once said "To break the rules one must first master them "
A big thanks to distinguished gentleman caravan owner for a delicious bacon sandwich :ok some vids to follow stay tuned
VW T3/T25 and Syncro Gearbox rebuilds
http://vantopia.ie

silverbullet
Trader

Post by silverbullet »

I first heard the expression as "going half crown to a sixpence" but from now on I will always remember these parting words from Dai:

"It's those ar$e-nippin' moments that mek it all worthwhile"

I was hoping that maybe it was caught on film but I bet no-one got it on camera :( The legend of Atlantis continues...

Dai
80-90 Mem No: 288

Post by Dai »

Top weekend as usual !!
Thanks go out to all who organised and attended :ok
We both really enjoyed ourselves as did everyone else reading the comments
Heres a few photos to start with that Debs took,more to follow when we sort them out

Tom

Aidan

Al

Fabian
80-90 No.....288
Syncro No.....52

EJ25 Syncro van with Reimo/Dubteriors conversion
daisyncro@gmail.com

HarryMann
Admin/Mod
80-90 Mem No: 379

Post by HarryMann »

Backside going threepenny bit / half a crown

'Thrupenny' bit... about 16-22mm, 1547 - 1970, copper, zinc & nickel (80 to the (old) pound, 4 to the shilling)

Half a crown... 32mm 1549 - 1970, quite large & heavy with real silver in it (8 to the pound, 2½ shillings)

Whoever thinks these things up, bored naval ratings, squaddies...

Quite an imagination to come up with that... :run
The 80-90 Tech Wikipedia Your 1st port of call :idea

1.9TD Syncro Doka / Syncro Kastenwagen / 16" Kombi Camper
Syncronaut No. 1

silverbullet
Trader

Post by silverbullet »

I just looked at Dai's flickr fotostream and saw The Trike :shock:

Bloody Hellfire!