So.. who was at coney!!!! (initial report)

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

toomanytoys
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 41

So.. who was at coney!!!! (initial report)

Post by toomanytoys »

Lots..
Very good turn out... 19 vehicles up on the hill, old a new members

Many thanks to those that organized the event and those that put in lots of effort for the trials as usual.. nice..

Conditions were... :shock: challenging after a shower of rain.. Return to camp on Sat eve surprised many :rofl as to just how different it was after a spot of rain... and the Sunday morn showed how slick a gooey the site could get up top...
Sure there will be pics and vid coming... :ok

Thanks again to the organizers and to all of you that joined us... :ok :ok

Syncrobaz
80-90 Mem No: 10610

Re: So.. who was at coney!!!! (initial report)

Post by Syncrobaz »

WHS :ok Great weekend, thanks Guys :D :D

We're looking forward to the next gig :D :D

Respect ,Baz'n Hil
Syncronaut no 152
92 RHD mv panel van
94 RHD jx doka 16"

cpsyncro
80-90 Mem No: 9132

Post by cpsyncro »

:ok :ok was great to see every one again new and old faces we had lots of fun thank you for another fab weekend xx
1989 carravelle c convertion 2.1 petrol gear box undecided lol working progress

Aidan
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 742

Post by Aidan »

Home safe and sound well excellent weekend thank you one and all great to meet so many new people and special big up the oirish possee sunday nighting it at pikey central with the donkeys :pimp
Harriette hope the party was good, look forward to the pics :lol: you don't look a day over 21 :ok

ps how much can you fit in a focus :shock:

Fabzzz
80-90 Mem No: 11842

Post by Fabzzz »

it was aweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesome ! I'm gonna work night shifts on my van now to make even better for Syncropendance ... Was brilliant to meet you all ! Carla and myself are proud and happy to be part of the family now. :mrgreen:
If you want to follow the evolution of my van: http://www.flickr.com/photos/92871568@N ... hotostream

Syncrobaz
80-90 Mem No: 10610

Post by Syncrobaz »

Bon oeuf !!!!!!! :D
Syncronaut no 152
92 RHD mv panel van
94 RHD jx doka 16"

axeman
80-90 Mem No: 6410

Post by axeman »

well we arived back a couple of hours ago, and not on the back of an aa truck this time, the van still has all of it's oil and water where it should be thats in the engine :D

good to catch up with every one, and i will start my facial grooming routine now in order for s/p,
neil sally and maddie
Back in the game with an uncut 2wd panel van

Syncro G
80-90 Mem No: 3988

Post by Syncro G »

That was a fun weekend! Geurney back was uneventful apart from a breaf monsoon (it probubly wasn't that heavy, it wasn't actully raining that hard inside the truck) on the M6 made more exciting when the wiper arm fell off - Luckally the washer jets are on the arms so the pipework stops it getting lost so its all back on till the next inconvienent time to do it again.

Its given me a bit of insparation on what to do next to the van and hopefully it'll be functional again soon so I can drive it to the next one - its nearly its turn in the workshop (assuming nothing else breaks, why is it if you have 3 cars they always break simultaniously?)

Glen
Glen Syncronaut: 113 - 1992 JX Syncro pannel van

HarryMann
Admin/Mod
80-90 Mem No: 379

Post by HarryMann »

Thanks so many for coming, made it a very good start to the Syncro season.

Thought it a very convivial meet, lots of children that seemed to be having a whale of a time ignoring the weather that definitely had its moments, good, bad and quite ghastly. Lovely around the campfire both nights we thought.

Did anyone count the Syncros? 23 on site and 20 on the hill at one time, 16 on Sunday morning, probably a record for an April Coney. Oh! One Land Rover and a Ford Focus, the former driving everywhere and the latter nowhere.
54 people altogether... 4 caravans, 2 tents, a centrally heated tarpaulin Nissan hut, a real outbreak of beards, estimated at 14.5... .

Thanks to all those who brought firepits, firewood, fuel, club eqpt, shelters, cakes, puddings and nibbles, the bag lady, the Irish for taking the ferry & fitting interiors; the bringing and the swapping parts; those who marshalled, inducted, recce'd, set up and ran the trials; those who observed the Friday night fish'n'chips tradition
:ok

And those first timers who took a chance on us....

And Aidan, 2hrs, the overloaded twin gearbox Focus cruised nicely on the way home, strictly 65 max with that tent on the roof.
The 80-90 Tech Wikipedia Your 1st port of call :idea

1.9TD Syncro Doka / Syncro Kastenwagen / 16" Kombi Camper
Syncronaut No. 1

lhd
80-90 Mem No: 1808

Post by lhd »

Was a great weekend,good to meet many of those i didn't know before. :ok

cpsyncro
80-90 Mem No: 9132

Post by cpsyncro »

To the man I gave a vac hose to repair his locker so sorry crap with names :?: can you pm me as I may have some info you may be interested in :wink: :wink:
1989 carravelle c convertion 2.1 petrol gear box undecided lol working progress

HarryMann
Admin/Mod

Post by HarryMann »

That was Adrian I believe Craig and it got both his lockers working thanks!

Syncronaut No. 1

silverbullet
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 6908

Post by silverbullet »

Morning all! Late for work as per any other Monday but had to get (more) muddy laundry on the go and the impromptu Karzi Basha on the line to dry. I'm trying a new look for my pitch-ups called "Refugechic" but that kind of sums up the look of the camp full stop :wink:

Top banter all round, makes any event afaics :ok

I've had to write off a pair of M&S' finest after Saturday morning's "excitement"... I'm not sure if any of it was caught on camera or if I even want to revisit the experience :shock:

I really must get some Muds now, no excuses.

PS Did the whole weekend on less that a tank (65 litres for ~290 miles), but that still only averages out at #E D I T# ~20 mpg so now I sort of know how Roger feels! Going up we must have had a good tailwind, back home was harder work. Rolling road session desperately needed...
Last edited by silverbullet on 17 Apr 2013, 08:59, edited 1 time in total.

jes*b
80-90 Mem No: 10335

Post by jes*b »

Cheers all for all the unseen effort it takes to get events off the ground, really enjoyed the venue especially saturday in the wooded hilly section. Being a passenger really gives a good perspective on driving styles, vehicle capabilities etc and to that end...Nicks doka at half mast and on AT's is still a very very capable ride and Pauls single cab on Muds was terrific point and shoot fun. Cheers for letting me do a bit in it. Still not sure how close i was to loosing something vital to the errant kite flyer :shock: Great banter, great vans, great painkillers Sally, and a especial 16" welcome to the new Finnish connection :wink:

HarryMann
Admin/Mod

Post by HarryMann »

Second that about Nick's Doka plodding resolutely up those steep wooded hillsides... had many an enjoyable day on those slopes, driving and marshalling trials, and managing recoveries.
Notwithstanding some very hairy moments.
Very good for the heart n lungs too...

Syncronaut No. 1