So, is Salisbury in September on??

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

Aidan
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 742

Re: So, is Salisbury in September on??

Post by Aidan »

Looks like this weekend is cursed, I'm back at home with a cup of tea after having set off just after 4am for Wiltshire, be there for brekkie = plan A
trundling along the A5 past Shrewsbury notice a smell of burning, which got worse and opening the window made it a lot worse so pulled into side road at next roundabout and switch off, no sign of smoke from dash, fusebox cover warm, go in back for torch to see smoke rising up the tailgate from the inside, grab fire extinguisher and keys, fumble lock open to engine inspection cover, no sign of smoke or flames in engine bay so unlock tailgate and struggle to lift it with spare wheel on bike rack to find smoke pouring out of the cut outs in the bottom of the door and from the rust holes around the window seal - rear wash wipe motor seized and on fire :idea
go and pull fuse - relay too hot to handle
stand there like a plonker holding tailgate up for 10 minutes before the smoke stops coming out of holes - interior panel is held on with m5 machine screws and I've no allen keys with me to undo them so I'm hoping it'll go out without me having to try and use fire extinguisher, eventually it stops - wonderful smell of burnt motor, wiring and insulation hangs in the air
relay still warm and won't pull out of fuseboard; with fuse out I've no heater motor or difflock warning lights and possible fuseboard damage so I've limped back to base - doesn't look too bad now light is coming up, with a brew to hand, strange how it always seems worse in the dark
So sorry guys I won't be making it after all