Devon lanes & touring weekend

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

lloydy
80-90 Mem No: 5262

Re: Devon lanes & touring weekend

Post by lloydy »

silverbullet wrote:Shall I bring the fire pit or not? Space inside but won't load it if it's not necessary i.e if ground fires are allowed on site.

PS will pack 46mm socket & 3/4 drive, 4 foot scaff tube and BIG stud spanner (H.E.Co special) as per usual.
you offering to do my rear wheel bearing?
Time is a drug. Too much of it kills you

PetenAli
80-90 Mem No: 8569

Post by PetenAli »

Greg - Caravelle, with just the 3 row original seat with lap belts in back, fluffy shiny please as its my first run out on lanes. May have family in back, if not happy to take others for a ride.

Ian - Caravelle, scratchy and dented, up for anything inc. Friday night fun, if the roof tent will clear low branches (bow saw on board)

Rich - Camper. Nothing fiendishly scratchy preferable - though I'm up for most things. ATs. All seats are taken (Lisa, Finn and Ed), apart from middle of rear seat, though this doesn't have a seat belt. I can bring a buddy seat for when we're on roads though to make 5th passenger legal. We will probably leave mid afternoon Sunday.

Tim - Caravelle, not up for driving lanes as no engine protection yet, and its not at all a wader. A few towing strops and shackles could come with me if they might be useful.

Mr Mule: Doka with Vindic. Mud terrains. Standard saggy suspension and no non standard under carriage protection, but happy to take the rough scratchy routes. Not ready for any wading though please. Waffle boards, hilift, strops etc ready. Likely arrive Friday evening, and leave Sunday lunch time. Two spare seats.

PetenAli - Westy poptop. BFG ATs. Recently fitted Andreas springs. 2 spare seats if anyone wants. Likely to arrive Fri am (leaving Cornwall early to avoid exit of emmets and consequent A30 bottlenecks). Going to leave Sun pm as I've got to be in court on Mon (civil not criminal by the way!). As others have got cooking stuff sorted would it helpful if we brought the makings of a big enough salad with dressings? As far as lanes go - we do want to try something a bit more extreme however we are mindful of our trip to Fance at the end of the month and don't want to break anything so probably veering towards the fluffy side - although might be tempted on the day...
1987 Westy Syncro 2.5 DJ (Courtesy of 025MOTORSPORT)

Syncronaut #171

torchy
80-90 Mem No: 7122

Post by torchy »

lhd wrote:Clive & Jenny
Neil, Sally, Maddie and the Dog
lloyd hopefully
Pete and Ali definately
Emma and John and mutts
Rich, Lisa, Finn and Ed
Greg
Craig, Lee and girls and the mutt
Ian, plus some offspring
Jes?
Roger & Julia
Rollercoaster?
dirty-syncro-lover?
Max
mrmule + brother + child
Andy McC
Mudlark plus a maybe
Lhd rob...fIngers Crossed
Peter + Zara (maybe)
14" MV Syncro Caravelle aspiring to a Westy.
16" 1.9TD Syncro Crew Cab
...and for the really narrow lanes; Honda XR250 and CRF 230.
Join the TRF......help keep the lanes open!

torchy
80-90 Mem No: 7122

Post by torchy »

PetenAli wrote:Greg - Caravelle, with just the 3 row original seat with lap belts in back, fluffy shiny please as its my first run out on lanes. May have family in back, if not happy to take others for a ride.

Ian - Caravelle, scratchy and dented, up for anything inc. Friday night fun, if the roof tent will clear low branches (bow saw on board)

Rich - Camper. Nothing fiendishly scratchy preferable - though I'm up for most things. ATs. All seats are taken (Lisa, Finn and Ed), apart from middle of rear seat, though this doesn't have a seat belt. I can bring a buddy seat for when we're on roads though to make 5th passenger legal. We will probably leave mid afternoon Sunday.

Tim - Caravelle, not up for driving lanes as no engine protection yet, and its not at all a wader. A few towing strops and shackles could come with me if they might be useful.

Mr Mule: Doka with Vindic. Mud terrains. Standard saggy suspension and no non standard under carriage protection, but happy to take the rough scratchy routes. Not ready for any wading though please. Waffle boards, hilift, strops etc ready. Likely arrive Friday evening, and leave Sunday lunch time. Two spare seats.

PetenAli - Westy poptop. BFG ATs. Recently fitted Andreas springs. 2 spare seats if anyone wants. Likely to arrive Fri am (leaving Cornwall early to avoid exit of emmets and consequent A30 bottlenecks). Going to leave Sun pm as I've got to be in court on Mon (civil not criminal by the way!). As others have got cooking stuff sorted would it helpful if we brought the makings of a big enough salad with dressings? As far as lanes go - we do want to try something a bit more extreme however we are mindful of our trip to Fance at the end of the month and don't want to break anything so probably veering towards the fluffy side - although might be tempted on the day...

Torchy - 16" Doka on M+S (they'll be fine :ok ) will have 3 spare seats spare (4 if Zara isn't coming), bringing the Doka this time so don't have to chicken out on the lanes like last time in the camper (thanks for the lift Clive.). Still need to get a winch but will bring a chain saw. Arriving Sat Am leaving Sun lateish PM. Is there BBQ on Saturday? If so what can I do/bring to help.
14" MV Syncro Caravelle aspiring to a Westy.
16" 1.9TD Syncro Crew Cab
...and for the really narrow lanes; Honda XR250 and CRF 230.
Join the TRF......help keep the lanes open!

max.karisma
80-90 Mem No: 3693

Post by max.karisma »

Petenali : Salad and dressing sounds great! Routes, lanes and passengers will all be worked out on site . . . look forward to meeting you all
Dream as if you will live forever; Live as if you will die today, James Dean

rogerg-wagon
80-90 Mem No: 1669

Post by rogerg-wagon »

Hi, Just to say to all who are new to the event this year, We will not be dropping you in the deep end so to speak,the lanes will not be too severe or damaging but we can get caught out sometimes as lanes have a nasty tendency to get overgrown halfway down the track,so no turning back if that happens.
The campsite is in a beautifully quiet sheltered level grassy field, the shower/wc block is very clean and modern.
There is space for kids to run around with bikes if necessary.
We will be almost the only people on site this weekend.
If you dont want to do all the lanes it is only 15 miles in distance from either coast or moors but please let us know before going elsewhere.
The campsite is easy to miss as you approach the entrance, please look out for Blackdown 4X4 Garage on the left hand side as the campsite is only 50yds further but ON THE RIGHT HAND SIDE OF THE ROAD.

Bad Dragon
80-90 Mem No: 6631

Post by Bad Dragon »

Hello folks,

Take care with Emma and John, as we need them to come with to Scotland. But Iam so jealous that you have a nice greenlane weekend.
Enjoy and I love to see the pictures and vids.

Greetings from Robert
Robert aka Bad Dragon
VWT3 2WD Greenlane Style
Member of the Dragonriders
http://www.bad-dragon.nl
Dragonriders Travel

ermie571
80-90 Mem No: 2129

Post by ermie571 »

rogerg-wagon wrote:Hi, Just to say to all who are new to the event this year, We will not be dropping you in the deep end so to speak,the lanes will not be too severe or damaging but we can get caught out sometimes as lanes have a nasty tendency to get overgrown halfway down the track,so no turning back if that happens.
The campsite is in a beautifully quiet sheltered level grassy field, the shower/wc block is very clean and modern.
There is space for kids to run around with bikes if necessary.
We will be almost the only people on site this weekend.
If you dont want to do all the lanes it is only 15 miles in distance from either coast or moors but please let us know before going elsewhere.
The campsite is easy to miss as you approach the entrance, please look out for Blackdown 4X4 Garage on the left hand side as the campsite is only 50yds further but ON THE RIGHT HAND SIDE OF THE ROAD.

Thanks for this - really looking forward to it! Glad there is no turning back.....Reverse is a nightmare!! :rofl

see you all Friday xx
2.1 DJ 1990 Caravelle (died and gone to heaven)
2.0 AGG (1997 ish) 1984 transporter LPG

sonic23
80-90 Mem No: 1158

Post by sonic23 »

Bring your wellies folks. It's looking like we're in for a smidgin of wind and rain. :ok
Rich

silverbullet
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 6908

Post by silverbullet »

lloydy wrote: you offering to do my rear wheel bearing?

:rofl

No.

silverbullet
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 6908

Post by silverbullet »

Neil has asked me to bring the 4' square fire pit as the camp site does not allow ground fires. More iron to load up but we can get a lot of people sat around it once the fire's good and hot (N. Wales 2010 wasn't it?)

rollercoaster
80-90 Mem No: 6231

Post by rollercoaster »

I asked earlier but still not entirely clear..
would it be possible to arrive at campsite and park up caravan while my van is in SyncroSpares being repaired?
Its booked in tomorrow (Tuesday) morning and I have just noticed it also needs a CV boot which they dont have in stock.
See other thread: Front outer boot, temporary repair
Live as if you were to die tomorrow
Learn as if you were to live forever

Syncro Danbury 2.0 petrol AGG

PetenAli
80-90 Mem No: 8569

Post by PetenAli »

Tim - I think earlier in the thread Clive said something about being able stay on the site for a week either side of the weekend. So you should be OK :ok
1987 Westy Syncro 2.5 DJ (Courtesy of 025MOTORSPORT)

Syncronaut #171

rollercoaster
80-90 Mem No: 6231

Post by rollercoaster »

Thanks Pete,
I have just put your ball joint splitter in the van to belatedly return to you!
Just heard from SyncroSpares they have a used one they can put on for me.
So its likely we will camp out near there while the vans sorted, possibly parking caravan on site from Tuesday evening.
We will be taking the opportunity to visit folks in that part of the world for a few days before Syncro gathering.
Live as if you were to die tomorrow
Learn as if you were to live forever

Syncro Danbury 2.0 petrol AGG

ermie571
80-90 Mem No: 2129

Post by ermie571 »

Greg - Caravelle, with just the 3 row original seat with lap belts in back, fluffy shiny please as its my first run out on lanes. May have family in back, if not happy to take others for a ride.

Torchy - 16" Doka on M+S (they'll be fine ) will have 3 spare seats spare (4 if Zara isn't coming), bringing the Doka this time so don't have to chicken out on the lanes like last time in the camper (thanks for the lift Clive.). Still need to get a winch but will bring a chain saw. Arriving Sat Am leaving Sun lateish PM. Is there BBQ on Saturday? If so what can I do/bring to help.

Emma and John - not at all shiney doka. Nothing other than a couple of lights on the cab. Never done anything like this before, so I think we are on the fluffy beginners route! As far as I know it has bash plates etc. General grabbers AT2 tyres fitted. CB will be present. John maybe navigating in another van, so will have two belted seats up front if anyone is brave/stupid (delete as applicable) to come with me!!
2.1 DJ 1990 Caravelle (died and gone to heaven)
2.0 AGG (1997 ish) 1984 transporter LPG