Devon lanes & touring weekend

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

ermie571
80-90 Mem No: 2129

Re: Devon lanes & touring weekend

Post by ermie571 »

Greg - Caravelle, with just the 3 row original seat with lap belts in back, fluffy shiny please as its my first run out on lanes. May have family in back, if not happy to take others for a ride.

Ian - Caravelle, scratchy and dented, up for anything inc. Friday night fun, if the roof tent will clear low branches (bow saw on board)

Rich - Camper. Nothing fiendishly scratchy preferable - though I'm up for most things. ATs. All seats are taken (Lisa, Finn and Ed), apart from middle of rear seat, though this doesn't have a seat belt. I can bring a buddy seat for when we're on roads though to make 5th passenger legal. We will probably leave mid afternoon Sunday.

Tim - Caravelle, not up for driving lanes as no engine protection yet, and its not at all a wader. A few towing strops and shackles could come with me if they might be useful.

Mr Mule: Doka with Vindic. Mud terrains. Standard saggy suspension and no non standard under carriage protection, but happy to take the rough scratchy routes. Not ready for any wading though please. Waffle boards, hilift, strops etc ready. Likely arrive Friday evening, and leave Sunday lunch time. Two spare seats.

PetenAli - Westy poptop. BFG ATs. Recently fitted Andreas springs. 2 spare seats if anyone wants. Likely to arrive Fri am (leaving Cornwall early to avoid exit of emmets and consequent A30 bottlenecks). Going to leave Sun pm as I've got to be in court on Mon (civil not criminal by the way!). As others have got cooking stuff sorted would it helpful if we brought the makings of a big enough salad with dressings? As far as lanes go - we do want to try something a bit more extreme however we are mindful of our trip to Fance at the end of the month and don't want to break anything so probably veering towards the fluffy side - although might be tempted on the day...

Torchy - 16" Doka on M+S (they'll be fine ) will have 3 spare seats spare (4 if Zara isn't coming), bringing the Doka this time so don't have to chicken out on the lanes like last time in the camper (thanks for the lift Clive.). Still need to get a winch but will bring a chain saw. Arriving Sat Am leaving Sun lateish PM. Is there BBQ on Saturday? If so what can I do/bring to help.

Emma and John - not at all shiney doka. Nothing other than a couple of lights on the cab. Never done anything like this before, so I think we are on the fluffy beginners route! As far as I know it has bash plates etc. General grabbers AT2 tyres fitted. CB will be present. John maybe navigating in another van, so will have two belted seats up front if anyone is brave/stupid (delete as applicable) to come with me!!
2.1 DJ 1990 Caravelle (died and gone to heaven)
2.0 AGG (1997 ish) 1984 transporter LPG

silverbullet
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 6908

Post by silverbullet »

Greg - Caravelle, with just the 3 row original seat with lap belts in back, fluffy shiny please as its my first run out on lanes. May have family in back, if not happy to take others for a ride.

Ian - Caravelle, scratchy and dented, up for anything inc. Friday night fun, if the roof tent will clear low branches (bow saw on board) E D I T: AT2's. Only one spare belted seat up front, at best. Will bring Aunty Betty's suspenders: 4 x 1.8t ratchet straps. Staying for Monday's driving too

Rich - Camper. Nothing fiendishly scratchy preferable - though I'm up for most things. ATs. All seats are taken (Lisa, Finn and Ed), apart from middle of rear seat, though this doesn't have a seat belt. I can bring a buddy seat for when we're on roads though to make 5th passenger legal. We will probably leave mid afternoon Sunday.

Tim - Caravelle, not up for driving lanes as no engine protection yet, and its not at all a wader. A few towing strops and shackles could come with me if they might be useful.

Mr Mule: Doka with Vindic. Mud terrains. Standard saggy suspension and no non standard under carriage protection, but happy to take the rough scratchy routes. Not ready for any wading though please. Waffle boards, hilift, strops etc ready. Likely arrive Friday evening, and leave Sunday lunch time. Two spare seats.

PetenAli - Westy poptop. BFG ATs. Recently fitted Andreas springs. 2 spare seats if anyone wants. Likely to arrive Fri am (leaving Cornwall early to avoid exit of emmets and consequent A30 bottlenecks). Going to leave Sun pm as I've got to be in court on Mon (civil not criminal by the way!). As others have got cooking stuff sorted would it helpful if we brought the makings of a big enough salad with dressings? As far as lanes go - we do want to try something a bit more extreme however we are mindful of our trip to Fance at the end of the month and don't want to break anything so probably veering towards the fluffy side - although might be tempted on the day...

Torchy - 16" Doka on M+S (they'll be fine ) will have 3 spare seats spare (4 if Zara isn't coming), bringing the Doka this time so don't have to chicken out on the lanes like last time in the camper (thanks for the lift Clive.). Still need to get a winch but will bring a chain saw. Arriving Sat Am leaving Sun lateish PM. Is there BBQ on Saturday? If so what can I do/bring to help.

Emma and John - not at all shiney doka. Nothing other than a couple of lights on the cab. Never done anything like this before, so I think we are on the fluffy beginners route! As far as I know it has bash plates etc. General grabbers AT2 tyres fitted. CB will be present. John maybe navigating in another van, so will have two belted seats up front if anyone is brave/stupid (delete as applicable) to come with me!!

HarryMann
Admin/Mod
80-90 Mem No: 379

Post by HarryMann »

Yes, Rollercoaster £10 with hookup/ £8 without, stay around the edge for lecy hookup

Everyone: Pay Jenny inclusive whole visit on-site before you leave in cash please.

07713610629 for any last minute problems...
The 80-90 Tech Wikipedia Your 1st port of call :idea

1.9TD Syncro Doka / Syncro Kastenwagen / 16" Kombi Camper
Syncronaut No. 1

v-lux
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 2951

Post by v-lux »

Ok chaps/ess's, Harriet and i are gonna pop in for probably friday and saturday.

Gotta leave to spend yet another week in a field building yet another festival on the Sunday though, so will have to bust on Saturday evening.

(Jenny - sorry ive not got round to getting that £10 to you yet, internet signals have been dire to say the least, shall i just bring it along to Devon?)

Look forward to it! :ok

max.karisma
80-90 Mem No: 3693

Post by max.karisma »

It'll be good to see you both, catch you at the weekend :)
Dream as if you will live forever; Live as if you will die today, James Dean

rollercoaster
80-90 Mem No: 6231

Post by rollercoaster »

All going well, spent the day at SyncroSpares, they did well to get to the bottom of my Subaru engine idle problem, they have two or three ongoing Suby conversions and seem to be aiming for high quality well thought out work specifically for Syncros.
There are some interesting projects there worth a look at.
Also stuck new boot on Front shaft, fixed electric window, van is much happier!
We are at the campsite now, staying tonight, leaving the caravan here and coming back for weekend.
Met Jacky who runs the site here and she is fine about it, lovely here but we have some buzzing around to do while this far up country in our smooth running Syncaroo!
See you all soon..
Brought some Cornish spring water for the weekend, help yourselves if you here before we get back, it's in the watercooler by the caravan.
Live as if you were to die tomorrow
Learn as if you were to live forever

Syncro Danbury 2.0 petrol AGG

JennyTyger
80-90 Mem No: 379

Post by JennyTyger »

(Jenny - sorry ive not got round to getting that £10 to you yet, internet signals have been dire to say the least, shall i just bring it along to Devon?)

That's fine Al - look forward to seeing you both.
Jenny
Member: 379

every decoding is another encoding

ermie571
80-90 Mem No: 2129

Post by ermie571 »

bringing a variety of sausages! xx

Em
xx
2.1 DJ 1990 Caravelle (died and gone to heaven)
2.0 AGG (1997 ish) 1984 transporter LPG

lhd
80-90 Mem No: 1808

Post by lhd »

by silverbullet » Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:21 pm

Ian - Caravelle, scratchy and dented, up for anything inc. Friday night fun, if the roof tent will clear low branches (bow saw on board) E D I T: AT2's. Only one spare belted seat up front, at best. Will bring Aunty Betty's suspenders: 4 x 1.8t ratchet straps. Staying for Monday's driving too

Lhd, Rob & Frankie
Westy syncro BFG AT'S, CB, 2 lap belts in the back. arriving fri evening leaving mon or Tuesday, up for most things will bring some Thai salad....

sonic23
80-90 Mem No: 1158

Post by sonic23 »

I will bring some potatoes (hopefully my own) wrapped in blackforest ham and cooked on the BBQ on skewers.
Lisa and the boys will hopefully be bringing some homemade chocchip shortbread.

Rich

silverbullet
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 6908

Post by silverbullet »

I'll ask the mem'sahib if she would be so kind as to rustle up a cake at short notice...no promises!

mrmule
80-90 Mem No: 10656

Post by mrmule »

silverbullet wrote:I'll ask the mem'sahib if she would be so kind as to rustle up a cake at short notice...no promises!

Ditto! And fancy bread and cookies.
T6 Pure Grey Kombi DSG 150PS on Bilsteins
RHD Caravelle Twin Slider DIY Syncro Westy EJ25