Fitting a flip down TV/DVD

Post it here, if it doesn't fit any of the above.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

Reg the Wedge
80-90 Mem No: 8910

Fitting a flip down TV/DVD

Post by Reg the Wedge »

Hello All. I wonder if anyone can help.

I’ve just ordered a roof fitting flip down TV/DVD that I intend to fit between the two front seats so that it can be viewed from the back seats or bed. That part of the roof is the original tin top. I can get under the roof lining fairly easily, but how do I fit the TV’s metal bracket to the roof? I suppose it will have to be glued somehow? Somebody has recommended glue called Liquid Metal. I’ve never heard of it. Is it any good?

Any suggestions would be more than welcome, because I can’t think of any other method of fixing it (obviously, I don’t want to drill through the roof). Oh yeah, it weighs 4.5 kilos!

Cheers, Reg
I have got my foot down!

80-90 Mem No: 3299

Re: Fitting a flip down TV/DVD

Post by 1664 »

Fix it to the B pillar roof cross member, a couple of self tappers won't hurt as long as they don't go through the roof too. Glue won't cut the mustard I wouldn't have thought

related thread here http://forum.club8090.co.uk/viewtopic.p ... 1#p7633701" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Vorsprung Durch Technik my ar$e!

Reg the Wedge
80-90 Mem No: 8910

Re: Fitting a flip down TV/DVD

Post by Reg the Wedge »

Of course! What an idiot, It’s blindingly obvious. I’ve just checked and it’s perfect. Why didn’t I think of that??

Thanks 1664, it must be medication time.

Reg
I have got my foot down!