which model have I got?

Post it here, if it doesn't fit any of the above.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

RODEO
80-90 Mem No: 0

which model have I got?

Post by RODEO »

Hi All,please bear with me.................................
My log book states Make......... Volkswagen

Model/type........Transporter 78
First Reg 8/2/1989
Cyl Capacity 1915cc
weight...133.0kg
It is a twin slider minibus,that had already had the seats removed by previous owner and I have fitted 2 rear seats /r&r bed,but no other camper type cupboards etc

My question is do other true campers state 'camper ' on the log book,or do all the t3's only have'transporter 78' on the log book? I need to know this,as a)I dont want to fall foul of the law
b) The Ins broker I have approached says he doesnt insure minibuses ,only campers,and asked what it said on the log book.

When I have converted other non vw vans to campers over the years I had the log book changed to read 'camper',this gave me cheaper insurance.
Regards
Rod

AdrianC
80-90 Mem No: 9144

Re: which model have I got?

Post by AdrianC »

RODEO wrote:My question is do other true campers state 'camper ' on the log book

Westy, first UK registered this year by us.

Make - Volkswagen
Type - <blank>
Model - <blank>
Body Type - Motor Caravan
Revenue Weight - 2550kg (taken from German papers)
A year and a half living in a Westy hightop... http://www.WhereverTheRoadGoes.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

80-90 Mem No: 3299

Post by 1664 »

You need the log book to state 'Motor Caravan'. Years ago you'd have asked the DVLA to change it and they would have. Nowadays however, you need to satisfy certain criteria before a new designstion will be issued - amongst which is a cooker and sink (fixed) and tables which can be fixed into the floor or whatever. There is a bit on the DVLA site that lists everything, but that's the gyst of it............
Vorsprung Durch Technik my ar$e!

elmo makaroy
80-90 Mem No: 0

Post by elmo makaroy »

my logbook just says "volkswagen campervan" but its a tintop but it has an old electrolux fridge exhaust and a camper style slatted window on one side, so im guessing someone converted it in the past and changed it to campervan on the logbook then?
vw t25 Tin Top, Aircooled 2litre CU Engine with Twin Solex Carbs