Engine v's Bodywork issues

Post it here, if it doesn't fit any of the above.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

izzybarnard
80-90 Mem No: 0

Engine v's Bodywork issues

Post by izzybarnard »

Being a newbie to all things wonderfull T25/T3 having dived in feet first 3 years ago with a 2.1dj hightop with 3 speed auto gearbox I just wonder how many other newbies would be put off buying a T25 reading most threads ?????
Reading the threads.....Engine issues must account for ~65% and body rot about 35% of 'no lets not' decisions.
I've been really lucky with ours, the body was realatively good, engine refurbed but I have to say I bought 'her' very open minded that at 30+ years of age she may need a few bits of deep 'surgery' .
I've always and will continue to be open minded in terms of 'T25 health', it carries me and my kids so its simply got to be 100%.
For me its always been full re-furb in terms of bodywork, interior and engine.
I appreciate that a Subaru transplant isn't everyones cuppa but it was always mine.
I've been incredibly lucky finding people like toomanytoys for example who can help, advise and sort most issues with 100% confidence in all aspects of a T25. Bodywork wise I had a mate who worked a million hours and wonders and fitting out wise I went commercial and would 100% recommend.
Everything comes at a cost..... all I've learnt is don't buy a 30+ year old T25 and simply expect it to be servicable........ it wont be.
We've embellished a huge amount of time and effort on ours not because we can.... its because we want too and love too.
Love reading the threads but sometimes I think after 2 or 3 engine rebuilds why not a Subaru ? If it doesn't stop very well why not a rear disc conversion ?? And bodywise cut out the rot and replace properly otherwise bodge and fill at your perril.

Rant over

1988 Hightop Camper originally 2.1dj now Subaru ej2.5 powered
1987 Hightop with Subaru EJ25 Conversion

itchyfeet
80-90 Mem No: 12733

Re: Engine v's Bodywork issues

Post by itchyfeet »

No idea what the point was?
1988 DG WBX LPG Tin Top
1989 DJ digijet WBX Holdsworth Villa 3 Pop Top
itchylinks