Original twin slider pictures

Post it here, if it doesn't fit any of the above.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

bumble bee
80-90 Mem No: 9603

Original twin slider pictures

Post by bumble bee »

Hi long time since I've had a t25 so I really ort to start again. We now have a 1990 twin slider but it's been around a bit so I'm after taking it back to mostly original. Does anyone know where I might get pictures of the original interior or any knowledge out there what they used to look like? I've tried searching on here and Google but no luck. Thanks in advance
BUMBLE

1.9 DG 1986 Transporter panel van
Now 1.9dg lpg conversion twin slider bus

multisi
80-90 Mem No: 12

Re: Original twin slider pictures

Post by multisi »

It depends what spec the van was originally, there are levels of trim that started basic for the bus or lower level caravelle c or cl with basic panel trim and rubber floor mats and basic seats with vinyl covers going up to the caravelle gl model which had plush trim , captains seats with velour covers and fully carpeted with underlay.
1992 red lle 2.2 subaru 1990 rhd caravelle 2.2 subaru 1986 california import vanagon

bumble bee

Post by bumble bee »

Is there a way of finding out? Just says transporter bus on the back apparently the local council had it as a bus from new. then it's had a few owners bit now it's bare
BUMBLE

silverbullet
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 6908

Post by silverbullet »

You'll need a "birth certificate" from Hannover, but you may have a bit of a job decoding all the M-codes (options)
If your "white sticker" is still present on the front crash beam below the dash, that will list the basic ones and iirc vwt3.com has a fairly comprehensive list.
Considering how expensive any T3 was compared to uk-made vans, most were quite a low spec.
Caravelle C was the basic vinyl seats and rubber mats, CL got the "tweed" cloth, GL were velour and armrests.
Base model Transporters were also plastic/vinyl seats iirc and Bus was also a no-frills minibus.

Sent from my S60 using Tapatalk

bumble bee

Post by bumble bee »

Thank you I'll have a look for the sticker
BUMBLE

Highroller
80-90 Mem No: 12833

Post by Highroller »

Devon conversions also did a twin slider microbus which had bespoke interior panels.
1991 2.1 WBX Devon microbus twinslider hightop