Pics in Mechanical posts - Flickr

Post it here, if it doesn't fit any of the above.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

itchyfeet
80-90 Mem No: 12733

Pics in Mechanical posts - Flickr

Post by itchyfeet »

I know this is not the right place but my old post got deleted and posts don’t get deleted so quickly in here, photos are mainly posted for mechanical purposes.
This is just my experience I’m no expert but it works for me, please add or comment if I got something wrong.
My Flickr account is years old and I didn’t need to do this but some people who opened one recently had some problems posting because settings were private by default, settings here should be obvious.

Imageflickr0 by Paul_Barr, on Flickr

Flickr works by you uploading photos in batches, the pictures enter your photostream, there is only ever one photo but it can appear in albums and camera roll as well as the photostream
The camera roll is the batches in date order which only you can see this view.
Albums are simply a reference to the original photo, it does not duplicate the photo if you have it in two albums.
As you upload you get the choice of creating a new album or adding to it an existing album, I recommend always having it in at least one album or it gets lost in a sea of photos.

change views here..

Imageflick by Paul_Barr, on Flickr

On a PC click upload button
Click choose phots
Select photo(s) click open
Click add to album

ImageFlickr1 by Paul_Barr, on Flickr

Pick an album or create new, click done
Then click upload button and upload

ImageFlickr2 by Paul_Barr, on Flickr

Go to the picture in Photostream or album and click on it to make full screen
Then click the share button
Copy the BB code ( Control + C on a PC keyboard) or right click copy

ImageFlickr3 by Paul_Barr, on Flickr

Then in your post on here plast the link in and hit preview to check it gets displayed.

Imageflickr4 by Paul_Barr, on Flickr

Imageflickr5 by Paul_Barr, on Flickr

My Samsung mobile won’t upload without downloading an app.

My Samsung tablet will run the desktop ( PC) version of flickr and you can upload pictures however when you come to copy and past the BB link it is hard to select the text, it can be done by a quick touch of the text to un highlight it then press and hold to re highlight and then a box apprears, select all then copy

ImageScreenshot_2017-12-23-08-45-18 by Paul_Barr, on Flickr

hope this helps :ok
1988 DG WBX LPG Tin Top
1989 DJ digijet WBX Holdsworth Villa 3 Pop Top
itchylinks

itchyfeet
80-90 Mem No: 12733

Re: Pics in Mechanical posts - Flickr

Post by itchyfeet »

One more piece of advice, save all your pictures in the albums you intend to keep them first on your computer, then upload from there.
keep this backup copy on your pc ( I also have a pc backup)

I did this with photobucket so when it all went silly I didn't have to download from photobucket I simply created a flickr account and uploaded my entire 1000+ picture backup copy and because they were in albums on my PC it was easy to recreate the same albums in flickr.

obviously links to photobucket remained but at least I had the photos back online where I can repost them or update old posts with flickr Bbcode links.
1988 DG WBX LPG Tin Top
1989 DJ digijet WBX Holdsworth Villa 3 Pop Top
itchylinks