Go Westy Wishbone Bushes

Post it here, if it doesn't fit any of the above.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

crazyhorse
80-90 Mem No: 15202

Go Westy Wishbone Bushes

Post by crazyhorse »

Well, here we are, making a fantasy dream list of parts for the van, had a look at these. Ultimatley I need to do these as the creaking is getting worse and worse.

http://campervanculture.com/shop/vw-t25 ... m-gowesty/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Has anyone bought them??

I was toying with poly ones from Brickwerks but now I have seen this and looks interesting esp like the idea of not having to get the others spot welded.

Any opinions on these
87 Transporter 1.9 WBX DG and LPG. In Maroon

http://www.guestwho.biz

slowcoach
80-90 Mem No: 8892

Re: Go Westy Wishbone Bushes

Post by slowcoach »

Flip they're expensive aren't they?? I don't think even Simon Baxter rates the poly ones greatly over the OEM lemfjorder ones. I read up a lot on these bushes since I swapped mine a few weeks ago. Huge long posts on the samba (wherehe has participated) about OEM Vs poly Vs u name it brands (lots available).

Just buy the stock OEM ones for £15 each , the spot welding is no big deal if you can't yourself and any local welder will do that for you in 5 minutes. I used the opportunity to do my first welding job on them, a right hash of a job but it didn't matter. Pressing them in is your biggest challenges in the job, getting the old ones out is just some spirited blows with a lump hammer :-):-)
===================
1984 TRAKKA Conversion Subaru EJ20 5 Speed

crazyhorse
80-90 Mem No: 15202

Post by crazyhorse »

slowcoach wrote:Flip they're expensive aren't they?? I don't think even Simon Baxter rates the poly ones greatly over the OEM lemfjorder ones. I read up a lot on these bushes since I swapped mine a few weeks ago. Huge long posts on the samba (wherehe has participated) about OEM Vs poly Vs u name it brands (lots available).

Just buy the stock OEM ones for £15 each , the spot welding is no big deal if you can't yourself and any local welder will do that for you in 5 minutes. I used the opportunity to do my first welding job on them, a right hash of a job but it didn't matter. Pressing them in is your biggest challenges in the job, getting the old ones out is just some spirited blows with a lump hammer :-):-)

ha, just been reading the samba. Hillarious, some spicy comments on there. They dont really come up with an answer and the kit above doesnt get mentioned.

reading the bit about no creaking and having to change them ever nearly worked for me. Is the key with the OEM ones just to grease the hell out of it?

£60 for OEM ones sound better than £200+
87 Transporter 1.9 WBX DG and LPG. In Maroon

http://www.guestwho.biz

slowcoach
80-90 Mem No: 8892

Post by slowcoach »

I'd say grease helps, at least if you ever have to remove the wishbone again. But a good install and you should be right for a very long time. Just don't get grease on the threads of the big bolt, as that needs to be tight to stop it turning when you've got it back together.

I think there's more exciting places to spend £200 on for our dearest ones ;-)
===================
1984 TRAKKA Conversion Subaru EJ20 5 Speed