Trade insurance on camper

Post it here, if it doesn't fit any of the above.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

hightop ratty
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 2717

Trade insurance on camper

Post by hightop ratty »

Was hoping to use our camper van (factory high top) for attending VW camper shows & other events (country shows / classic car shows / etc) with our pop up shop - but having a problem with insurance (especially classic policy with agreed value), as we want to carry stock.

We sell camper & beach gifts (which are all boxed & secured in transit - & have separate insurance for that anyway) - it's only at weekends & we have full time jobs during the week.

Currently we use a Fiat Scudo (sorry we couldn't afford the VW tax on a lwb caddy :-(for carrying stock, to shows etc), & sleep in our very large drive away awning), but have to take 2 vehicles if we want to sleep in our van (well we will once the engine is done on the van - booked in for next week :-)

RH classics went back to their under writers - but they wouldn't cover :-(

Who do others use for business insurance ?

Too late for this year, as it ran out on the weekend (we have personal use so ok for holidays).

Cheers
PS - overhead someone say at a classic car show - "you'd think they'd come in a camper van if they're selling camper stuff" - would love to :-)

hightop ratty
Trader

Re: Trade insurance on camper

Post by hightop ratty »

PS - Stock isn't secured in TRIFLE ?!?! (could understand any insurance querying that) LMAO !!

Stock is in boxes & secured, & have separate insurance on the stock (including goods in transit).

hightop ratty
Trader

Post by hightop ratty »

Stock in TRANSIT

hightop ratty
Trader

Post by hightop ratty »

Stock in T R A N S I T
Must be a club 80-90 thing because I used the potential Ford Transit swear word ;-)

HansT
80-90 Mem No: 0

Post by HansT »

We have found using a broker to be the best way to go... occasional business use in addition to 'normal' social, domestic and pleasure/work added £15 a year for my better half, on her car.
Usually I go on line, get a couple of quotations, then chat with our local broker - normally they are cheaper than the on line firms. Plus you can talk face to face with a normal human if the need arises.
We use a branch of A-plan insurance. (We have no connection with this firm), other brokers are out there!
Hope that this helps.
Ps, do you have an idea of the likely annual business mileage? as broker may ask you this.
85 1.9 DG petrol Holdsworth Villa
Diesel T4 Caravelle 8 Seater