Recommended mechanic in Essex

Post it here, if it doesn't fit any of the above.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

Aspetc
80-90 Mem No: 15651

Recommended mechanic in Essex

Post by Aspetc »

Not sure if there is some rule against plugs for people, but I couldn't find a recommendation on here for a good T25 mechanic in Essex and got my fingers burned with the first bloke before finding somebody I'm really pleased with. So here's the advice I would have liked:

I tried a place I won't name near Colchester which sells T25s but getting advice out of the guy was like blood out of a stone, and after the fuel lines were done I found fuel on my finger at three separate junctions before I tightened them all up myself. The fuel filter could almost freely rotate against the hoses until clips tightened. Terrifying.

I am happy to heartily recommend instead: Alan at A J Motors in Boreham near Chelmsford (you can google him). A proper enthusiast - more than just T25s but he was a mechanic in a VW dealership through the 80s - who now has a small workshop on his farm. Set aside some time when you go and see him because the man will talk entertainingly about these vehicles for hours if you let him, and he's gone above and beyond on troubleshooting, fabricating missing bits, etc. Stuck to price guide really diligently.

Having found this legend round the corner from my house in Essex, I'm now immediately moving to Cornwall for work... something tells me the VW scene might be bigger there, but I'm seriously contemplating driving her back to Alan once a year for a check-up and MOT!

CovKid
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 3529

Re: Recommended mechanic in Essex

Post by CovKid »

Same goes for John Austin at Marks Tey
Roller paint your camper at home: http://roller.epizy.com/55554/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; for MP4 download.