sliding widow channel

Post it here, if it doesn't fit any of the above.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

hilift
80-90 Mem No: 0

sliding widow channel

Post by hilift »

hi folks i have a 1980 devon camper with a sliding window (off side middle ) and it leaks like a sieve due to rotten / non existant channel . i have scoured the usual suppliers for replacement channel but no one seems to stock it !! . any body know where its available or is it a case of fitting a fixed glass instead . :(

Woodyyellow
80-90 Mem No: 11769

Re: sliding widow channel

Post by Woodyyellow »

Do you mean the actual channel the felt and glass fit into or just the replacement felt?
When I refurbished my sliding window I had the same problem trying to find suitable felt replacements. 
Eventually I came across Hadlow Marine
http://www.hadlowmarine.com/Pages/Introduction.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
They were most helpful sending a small selection of possible samples for me to assess.
I was able to select exactly what I required and have been very pleased with them.
1987 1.9 WBX DG Hi-Top. Soon to be Subaru ej20

I'm an old guy but I still learn new stuff!

hilift

Post by hilift »

yes its the flock lined track , the frame and glass are fine .
the stuff at hadlow marine is ideal , quite a mind boggling selection of bits . nice one Woodyyellow :D

RogerT
80-90 Mem No: 13706

Post by RogerT »

How do you replace it? I mean, is there a way to take the glass out and then put it back together? May ne is so stiff to move I suspect the clock has all worn off, so replacing the lining sounds a good choice, but I can't remember seeing a way to do this. I have had the whole window assembly out to fit a new external rubber seal to stop leaks(successfully) but that was a few years ago, and I can't remember any details.
Have you ever seen an unhappy fool?

88 Transporter with hitop camper conversion, 1.6td.

hilift

Post by hilift »

RogerT wrote:How do you replace it? I mean, is there a way to take the glass out and then put it back together? May ne is so stiff to move I suspect the clock has all worn off, so replacing the lining sounds a good choice, but I can't remember seeing a way to do this. I have had the whole window assembly out to fit a new external rubber seal to stop leaks(successfully) but that was a few years ago, and I can't remember any details.

not worked this one out yet , its on the to do list . will reply when I get there , I got loads of other stuff to be getting on with . hopefully some one else will chip in with a removal method .

marlinowner
80-90 Mem No: 13646

Post by marlinowner »

Woolies Trim is a good source for this sort of thing as well.
1993 SA VW T25/T3 2.5i Microbus/homebrew camper
1981/1968 Marlin Kitcar TR6 Engine

RogerT
80-90 Mem No: 13706

Post by RogerT »

hilift wrote:
RogerT wrote:How do you replace it? I mean, is there a way to take the glass out and then put it back together? May ne is so stiff to move I suspect the clock has all worn off, so replacing the lining sounds a good choice, but I can't remember seeing a way to do this. I have had the whole window assembly out to fit a new external rubber seal to stop leaks(successfully) but that was a few years ago, and I can't remember any details.

not worked this one out yet , its on the to do list . will reply when I get there , I got loads of other stuff to be getting on with . hopefully some one else will chip in with a removal method .

http://forum.club8090.co.uk/viewtopic.p ... g#p8166965" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Apparently it just comes apart... who knew? Good luck.

I'll have a go at mine when I get round to bodywork.
Have you ever seen an unhappy fool?

88 Transporter with hitop camper conversion, 1.6td.