Missing VIN Plate

Post it here, if it doesn't fit any of the above.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

pegasus
80-90 Mem No: 15508

Missing VIN Plate

Post by pegasus »

The Chassis number stamped on our 1984 T25 Campervan frame agrees with the V5 but I am unable to locate the VIN plate which has been removed, or possibly moved, from the door frame at some time in the vehicles life. I have had the vehicle for quite a while restoring so I am pretty sure the plate no longer exists in the vehicle now. Is it possible to obtain a replacement VIN plate and if so can anyone suggest a source please?
Cheers, Pegasus

cassandra
80-90 Mem No: 15531

Re: Missing VIN Plate

Post by cassandra »

Hi, try this company :- http://www.vintagsuk.com/index.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
1981 Eurec Cassandra 2.0 CU RHD!
BMW R Nine T Scrambler.
ETC

pegasus
80-90 Mem No: 15508

Post by pegasus »

Thanks for your help. I'll take a look at their site and hopefully they can help with a replacement VIN plate.Cheers
Cheers, Pegasus

hilift
80-90 Mem No: 0

Post by hilift »

I know this is a bit late but , I have a 1980 devon camper and have finally found the vin plate as it was not where it was supposed to be on the passenger a post bottom .
it had been moved presumably by devon conversions to inside the passenger seat box near the seat belt buckle it was hidden from view by the swivel base , which I recently removed .

hope this helps someone out.

NickBab
80-90 Mem No: 13949

Post by NickBab »

Mines moved to the seat box too. I bought one of the stick on ones from the above website and stuck it where it's supposed to be to make it easier for the MOT tester to find. Passed 2 MOTs with it there since.
87 Syncro, 73 Bay, 67 Beetle and other non VW stuff