Cb radio question

Post it here, if it doesn't fit any of the above.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

ghost123uk
80-90 Mem No: 2585
Location: John in Malpas, in the very S. W. part of Cheshire.

Re: Cb radio question

Post by ghost123uk »

phredd wrote:G0RBM ......... qthr

G0 = 8) .-- .... . -. -.. .. -.. -.-- --- ..- .-.. .- ... - ..- ... . -.-- --- ..- .-. -.- . -.-- ?
Got a new van, but it's a 165bhp T4 [shock horror] Accurate LPG Station map here

thebobster
80-90 Mem No: 8953
Location: Liverpool. 2.1 DJ engine.. LPG by Gasure. Magic Zoom (Blos) by Campershack.

Post by thebobster »

ghost123uk wrote:
phredd wrote:G0RBM ......... qthr

G0 = 8) .-- .... . -. -.. .. -.. -.-- --- ..- .-.. .- ... - ..- ... . -.-- --- ..- .-. -.- . -.-- ?

What is it the Old Hands say? Without CW it's just CB.

He probably last used his key when he was locked out. :rofl

phredd
80-90 Mem No: 2626
Location: Doing 74mph down a dead end street. >>> in Runcorn.

Post by phredd »

John >> to answer your last ..--.. about 10yrs ago. Started using PKT/DECOR just before the 2E came into use.

For those that dont know >>>> PKT = Paket and DECOR = (D)igital (E)lectronic (C)ommunication (O)ver (R)adio.

de G0RBM going qrt.
Life is like a sewer, what you get out of it depends on what you put into it.
Membership No = 2626 @ Runcorn
IN ARDUIS FIDELIS.

ghost123uk
80-90 Mem No: 2585
Location: John in Malpas, in the very S. W. part of Cheshire.

Post by ghost123uk »

Aye, I remember the very early days of PKT using Baycom modems. I was always so amazed at how you could pull perfectly readable text out of QRM/QRN that was so heavy the human ear could not hear the actual signal at all ! Used to play with AMTOR quite a lot too, and those digital weather transmissions too. Can't beat a bit of "proper radio" on HF 8)
Got a new van, but it's a 165bhp T4 [shock horror] Accurate LPG Station map here

burf
80-90 Mem No: 0

Post by burf »

Hey all, I am about to fit a cb to my komet which I received for Christmas.
My brother n law has one already on his LT and will be good for holiday and festivals etc. Hoping more chatter will be at the festivals than just family though.

My handle will be Beaver Hunter
My brother n law will be cookie monster in the LT

Hopefully hear from you all soon [SMILING FACE WITH SMILING EYES]

Sent from my F5121 using Tapatalk

Tinium
80-90 Mem No: 12269

Post by Tinium »

thebobster wrote:Gutter mounted antennae are grounded through the screws which fasten the mount to the (steel) gutter.

Just to point out, I put a thin rubber mat between my steel gutter mount and the gutter to protect the paintwork, and the CB worked fine for me on the Mendips meet - there's no screws on the mount I got sent that would go into the paint from what I can see, instead they squeeze two plates against the gutter rail to hold it in place. I'm guessing it was broadcasting a shorter distance as a result of my DIY, but didn't notice over the weekend, could talk/listen just fine all over the quarry and down the green lanes using my 1.5m antenna :)

http://www.thunderpole.co.uk/gutter-mou ... t-kit.html

I mounted the antenna above the B pillar on the drivers side - that way it was easier to release the "upright" dial and fold the antenna down along the roof gutter when the trees were getting too close for comfort.
1987 Syncro EJ25 Leisuredrive Tin-Top Campervan