Will they fit!

All things round and their alignment to your direction of travel

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

ChrisG89
80-90 Mem No: 0

Will they fit!

Post by ChrisG89 »

Hey,

I've just bought a T25 Westy and it's got some terrible wheel trims on, so want to get a set of alloys, seen that people fit Mercedes Wheels on and found a set of these:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Standard-all ... SwWe1bE8df" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

So wondered if they would fit my T25??

Thanks,

Chris

clift_d
80-90 Mem No: 11695

Re: Will they fit!

Post by clift_d »

I'm pretty sure these CLK/SLK wheels are a good fit for a T25, and seem to be one of the more common substitutes used, although I think some people suggest running them with a 5mm spacer at the front due to the slightly higher ET. Also you need to know that these alloys have a smaller radius seat to the bolt holes than standard VW wheels, and so you'll need replacement wheel nuts / bolts to suit.
At the current price on that auction you've not really got much to lose in trying them out for size.
1988 LHD T25 1.6TD Westfalia Club Joker Hightop syncro

chris7ian

Post by chris7ian »

clift_d wrote:you need to know that these alloys have a smaller radius seat to the bolt holes than standard VW wheels

They'll also more than likely be M12 bolt holes so won't go on unless you open them out to M14
1989 2.1 MV Auto

ChrisG89

Post by ChrisG89 »

Thanks for replies and advice, I didn't end up going for them in the end, they sold for about £85. What's involved with getting the bolt holes opened up? A drill and someone who knows what they are doing? Sounds like something I could easily make a mess off to be honest