Pop top

The Tardis factor (interiors, awnings, roofs etc)

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

Torquay25
80-90 Mem No: 0

Pop top

Post by Torquay25 »

So I have no doubt that this will be the first question of many! We have a pop top T25, that opens up from the side as and it runs the length of the bus. We have pretty much decided this will be the bus for us for the next 10 years hopefuly, however I think the fibreglass roof might need some attention fairly soon.

The hinge brackets inside the fibreglass that it pivots on are pretty rusted up. Can I buy these anywhere to replace? Also two of the corners have had knocks and are a little cracked....

So the question is, can I simply buy a new fibreglass lid? If so would anyone from experience know what this might cost. Or Can it be repaired, and again any examples of what it might cost would be super useful.

Thanks
Mark
Attachments
7EFD0B91-D8BE-4FF4-BC1F-2BAD0575C46D.JPG
7EFD0B91-D8BE-4FF4-BC1F-2BAD0575C46D.JPG (96.58 KiB) Viewed 1496 times

Da dan
80-90 Mem No: 0

Re: Pop top

Post by Da dan »

Better getting it repaired. Can re spray and repair the roof and then new hinges. Can’t remember where to buy the hinges. A wise owl will be along soon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

asterix_the_gaul
80-90 Mem No: 16935

Re: Pop top

Post by asterix_the_gaul »

http://www.poptop-parts.co.uk/elevating-roof.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

As previous, fibreglass repair relatively straight forward as DIY, check out you tube for videos.
Autohomes CI Kamper 2.0 CU air-cooled