Autohomes Kamper gas heater

The Tardis factor (interiors, awnings, roofs etc)

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

asterix_the_gaul
80-90 Mem No: 16935

Autohomes Kamper gas heater

Post by asterix_the_gaul »

Anyone with an Autohomes Kamper have this option? I don't see any controls for it in my van, but the gas manifold under the hob has a cutoff switch and pipework running to the front marked heater. I'm hoping I have one but don't understand how it works but could just be they were all prepped for it but not all had the actual heater fitted?
Autohomes CI Kamper 2.0 CU air-cooled

Pinkythelabrat
80-90 Mem No: 0

Re: Autohomes Kamper gas heater

Post by Pinkythelabrat »

My Autohomes Kameo also had a bit of copper tube from the manifold down behind the sink to the space under the cupboard but there isn’t any heater or any exhaust hole cut out (well, there wasn’t) so I assumed there had been a heater there at some point with a different exhaust set up (maybe through an existing drop out hole)

Maybe they were all plumbed from factory...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

asterix_the_gaul

After getting hold Of The original manual off Autohomes 'fan' site below I read it tonight and it says the optional heater is mounted behind the front grill between the headlights so I guess I need to peer in there and see if anything in there, I'm imagining Like you suggest they were all plumbed in from the factory: then heater added if you chose the option.
http://www.autohomes.vwt25camper.info/h ... amper.html

asterix_the_gaul

There is some sort of yellow tube thing behind the grill with some gas safety warning stickers on it! Might be quids in here: I'm going to have to get the grill off if it ever stops raining and see if I have a heater..