Pop tops and camping essentials

The Tardis factor (interiors, awnings, roofs etc)

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

Mrs8925
80-90 Mem No: 0

Pop tops and camping essentials

Post by Mrs8925 »

So whilst hubby is concentrating on the roadworthiness side of our first camping trip, I'm concentrating on the homely side!

We've done camping mutiple times before in a tent with success but what would you guys deem essentials for a trip in a T25? I'm sure we'll live and learn but like to draw from other people's experience too.

Hubby and I will be on the R&R bed and having read multiple threads, i think I'm going to invest in a mattress topper to make it a little more comfy. We also have a 7 and 3 year old who will be sleeping up in the solid side pop top. There's no mattress of sorts up there, just the boards. Anyone got any recommendations of what fits and what works best? Currently thinking of a layer of foam a couple of inches thick or a slim inflatable mattress but also trying to think of storage whilst travelling...

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

bat
80-90 Mem No: 12385

Re: Pop tops and camping essentials

Post by bat »

Although more expensive Thermarest or similar are usually the most comfortable, certainly better than just foam or an inflatable mattress. They are also available in a few different thicknesses and sizes. Can pack up quite small as well, depending on what thickness you opt for.

Regards Gary
Sheila's & Gary’s long-term project. A 1988 RHD diesel Syncro camper van.
1900 tdi ahu, on 235-70-R16 wheels & tires, & a few other mods
https://www.thebeast.blog 

Cobra88
80-90 Mem No: 16481

Re: Pop tops and camping essentials

Post by Cobra88 »

I would just buy a memory foam mattress off ebay and cut it to suit and make a cover.

far cheaper and a lot more comfortable.

but it does require a little work :wink: