Professional conversion

The Tardis factor (interiors, awnings, roofs etc)

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

clone123
80-90 Mem No: 0

Professional conversion

Post by clone123 »

Hi I was wondering if anyone can help me I have a VW T25 panel van that has been converted to a campervan in its life it has all the leisuredrive equipment cupboards and hitop roof everything and it says it's a motor caravan on the V5 but how can i tell if leisuredrive done the conversion themselves or if it was swapped from another van.is there anyway to tell.
1985 RHD T25 hightop camper 1.9td 1Y engine
It's always easier with a friend

Mr Bean
R.I.P.
80-90 Mem No: 5485

Re: Professional conversion

Post by Mr Bean »

clone123 wrote:Hi I was wondering if anyone can help me I have a VW T25 panel van that has been converted to a campervan in its life it has all the leisuredrive equipment cupboards and hitop roof everything and it says it's a motor cara van on the V5 but how can i tell if leisuredrive done the conversion themselves or if it was swapped from another van.is there anyway to tell.

Well I acquired my Liesuredrive High top some dozen years ago. The main indicator to me is that it has Liesuredrive moulded into the fibre glass top moulding over the centre of the rear widow. One of the reasons I got it cheap (£500) was that it had been badly mistreated internally and had been left for about three months without being cleaned after the last trip. So I had more or less refurbish/replace the interior therefor it is not original in that respect.
However the registration documentation says it is a motor home and the high top moulding has the trade name plus the comprehensive grey carpet style high top lining has clearly been moulded professionally moulded/pressed. So I am confident that it is indeed the genuine article.
So to sum up: Registration document, Liesuredrive in High top moulding, internal moulded head lining etc. Others may know more.
Not that it bothers me as over time I have made many non-standard modifications to suite our use of the vehicle.
Well-timed silence hath more eloquence than speech.
"A quiet shy boy who took little part in games or sport"
88 High top 2.1 WBX

clone123
80-90 Mem No: 0

Re: Professional conversion

Post by clone123 »

Sounds exactly the same as mine from the price you paid and condition and I have all so changed the interior to exactly the same but with new wood but I just wanted to know whether it was professionally done before I changed it just for insurance purposes.
1985 RHD T25 hightop camper 1.9td 1Y engine
It's always easier with a friend