Silver screen suction cups suckers.

The Tardis factor (interiors, awnings, roofs etc)

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

meggles

Silver screen suction cups suckers.

Post by meggles »

I bought 20 replacement window blind suckers from an ebay seller a while ago. They are totally useless. They are of the clear variety. The grey ones I have work great. Any idea where I can get some like for like replacements please? I realise I will need to pay more for quality ones.

itchyfeet
80-90 Mem No: 12733

Re: Silver screen suction cups suckers.

Post by itchyfeet »

assuming your screens are JK they do just the replacement suckers

just looked on ebay ( often cheaper than the main site no postage) and they are different to mine but hopefully an improved design because mine keep falling off

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Just-Kampers ... Sw4RZbA8ub" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
1988 DG WBX LPG Tin Top
1989 DJ digijet WBX Holdsworth Villa 3 Pop Top
itchylinks

meggles

Post by meggles »

Thanks Itchy. They are different to the present clear ones. They are the problem. The grey ones are fine so I'll give them a try. I have ordered some slightly different ones too for the T4 so I'll compare them. Thanks again..

Mr Bean
R.I.P.
80-90 Mem No: 5485

Post by Mr Bean »

I know it is a faff but you will find that the suckers are more reliable if you ensure they lay flat when stored - although how to ensure this has evaded us so far so we only use them - the blinds that is - in extreme circumstances.. (Ruddy things :roll: ) we use an external for the cab.
Well-timed silence hath more eloquence than speech.
"A quiet shy boy who took little part in games or sport"
88 High top 2.1 WBX

meggles

Post by meggles »

Mr Bean. Yes I was told that before, and told to put them in hot water. I've tried all methods but the clear blighters just don't want to stay put.

tobydog
80-90 Mem No: 6484

Post by tobydog »

M
I designed an injection mould for a local company about 25 years ago for a similar component, I could get in contact with them but they've probably gone out of business due to the competition from the far east.....
Knowledge is power
1970 CU