Need HELP PLEASE BROKEN roof vent

The Tardis factor (interiors, awnings, roofs etc)

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

Elaine-Juley
80-90 Mem No: 16037

Need HELP PLEASE BROKEN roof vent

Post by Elaine-Juley »

WHAT SIZE Roof Vent Fits VW T25 Hightop 1984 havnt a clue what to get the inside part is perfect its just the one on the roof thats broke PLEASE CAN ANYONE TELL ME SIZE OF IT ANY IDEAS OR WHERE TO BUY MUCH APPRECIATED

Mocki
Membership Admin
80-90 Mem No: 428

Re: Need HELP PLEASE BROKEN roof vent

Post by Mocki »

Elaine-Juley wrote:WHAT SIZE Roof Vent Fits VW T25 Hightop 1984 havnt a clue what to get the inside part is perfect its just the one on the roof thats broke PLEASE CAN ANYONE TELL ME SIZE OF IT ANY IDEAS OR WHERE TO BUY MUCH APPRECIATED

Standard size replacement is 400x400 available from any caravan shop
If it’s a good caravan shop they may just sell the top , but for the price difference i would replace the lot and know ow it’s al good

http://rainbowconversions.co.uk/Equipme ... lights.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Steve
tel / txt O7947-137911
👀

1989 2.1LpgWBX HiTop Leisuredrive Camper
1988 2.1 Caravelle TS TinTop Camper 

clift_d
80-90 Mem No: 11695

Post by clift_d »

The problem is that unless you have some lead on the type of skylight you have fitted it will be difficult to know if you can get spare parts for it.

If your campervan is a specific conversion, e.g. Autohomes, Westfalia, etc then the chances are that someone on here will know whether, and from where, any spare parts might be available. It's difficult to tell from your avatar pic what kind of van you've got so maybe post some images of your van and skylight?

If you can't work out what conversion or skylight you have, or there aren't any spare parts, then you'll probably need to buy and fit a whole new skylight as Mocki suggests. In this case you'll need to remove the old one and find out what size hole is already in your roof, so that you can order one that will fit.
1988 LHD T25 1.6TD Westfalia Club Joker Hightop syncro

phinw
80-90 Mem No: 16041

Post by phinw »

Hi,

I'd suggest your garage man should be buying a new one and fixing it if he broke it. Did he misjudge the workshop door height? You'd be surprised how often that happens! Size wise, its impossible to tell from just knowing it s a '84 high top as there were so many conversions - you need to measure the hole and buy something that will fit - chances are it will be either a Fiamma or MPK one and will be a 40cm square size (the hole itself will be a bit smaller) however there are other sizes smaller, larger and rectangular.

Have a look here: http://www.rainbow-conversions.co.uk/ro ... ts/page/0/
1988 1.9 DG

clift_d
80-90 Mem No: 11695

Post by clift_d »

You didn't say in your other thread that it was broken by your garage, in which case I think they should be making good the damage they did.
1988 LHD T25 1.6TD Westfalia Club Joker Hightop syncro

Elaine-Juley
80-90 Mem No: 16037

Post by Elaine-Juley »

thanks for your replies garage has agrreed to fix it for me at no cost BUT i have to get one 1st