3 way or Compressor

The Tardis factor (interiors, awnings, roofs etc)

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

hightop ratty
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 2717

Re: 3 way or Compressor

Post by hightop ratty »

Another compressor fridge convert - after years of putting up with an expensive (and not very efficient) coolbox - with gone off food & warm beer :-(
Changed to the compressor fridge after having our little un to keep milk cool (taking up valuable beer space :rofl )
Use it as a top up fridge now on the drive all year round :-)
One of the best investments we've made on our van - running off a fixed 150w solar panel :-)

CovKid
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 3529

Post by CovKid »

This is my 3-way and why I won't have a dedicated fridge. Portable has so many advantages....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e84GHGg_thQ" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Roller paint your camper at home: http://roller.epizy.com/55554/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; for MP4 download.

Sir Brixalot
80-90 Mem No: 8927

Post by Sir Brixalot »

Isn't it a pain to hook up to gas?
Honorary "Dave" 

Aidan
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 742

Post by Aidan »

Sir Brixalot wrote:Isn't it a pain to hook up to gas?

not with barbecue point fittings :ok , you can use the same thing to run your interior gas system on bottle if you have a fixed tank system inside like I do which uses autogas to fill and lasts for 6 months plus , if I run out I have a regulator for bottle and can plug that into the interior system to run that (cooker and propex) and can use the portable three way fridge stand alone in a tent situation where the vehicle is being used say off road during the day from a fixed camp I also have an oven and a single burner stove that can be added in if needed or run stand alone all using the same fittings

bigbadbob76
80-90 Mem No: 15707

Post by bigbadbob76 »

I've been using my compressor fridge in the van to keep the beers cool this last week as the house fridge is full of green food. :-0
Ok, so it's been v.sunny but the van is in the shade for an hour or two either side of mid-day. solar is keeping the leisure battery topped up nicely. And it's free.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
'86 1.9 DG, 4 spd, tintop, camper conversion.
Split case club member.

bigbadbob76
80-90 Mem No: 15707

3 way or Compressor

Post by bigbadbob76 »

I got it from a 4x4 overlander supply guy on e-bay in the uk. He only had a couple though. And although it was brand new the 240v adapter didn't work, i had to fix it myself cos he said he'd send another but never did. :-(
'86 1.9 DG, 4 spd, tintop, camper conversion.
Split case club member.