Rock and roll bed with child seat

The Tardis factor (interiors, awnings, roofs etc)

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

jas915
80-90 Mem No: 6242

Rock and roll bed with child seat

Post by jas915 »

Had a quick search but couldn't find what i needed. Anyway baby on the way just wondering is it ok to fit a child seat in the back but bench seat cushions are not fixed to the boards so im not sure how safe this would be. What options are there for rear bench with fixed cushions? do they exists?
Grey/white high top, AAZ.

CovKid
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 3529

Re: Rock and roll bed with child seat

Post by CovKid »

I'll be honest, I put my son in front passenger seat with a rear-facing baby seat. He's still there only he's 14 now :)
Roller paint your camper at home: http://roller.epizy.com/55554/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; for MP4 download.

hightop ratty
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 2717

Post by hightop ratty »

We fitted a double passenger seat up front from a T25 cab, & had a box section frame made to connect it to (& have 3 point seat belts on both passenger seats).
A dicky seat behind the passenger seat (could be removable) would be an alternative, or maybe have the rear seat cushions attached to the rock & roll base, and can fit the brickwerks seat belt kit, although many baby seats use just the lap belt attachment.

R0B
80-90 Mem No: 864

Post by R0B »

Must be difficult getting a 14-year-old in a rear-facing baby seat. :-)

I put my son in front passenger seat with a rear-facing baby seat. He's still there only he's 14 now
2.1 LPG/Petrol Auto Caravelle

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits"

jas915

Post by jas915 »

I said put it up front but the wife isn't so keen on that idea,going to get a brickweks 3 point belt anyways just a bit worried about the moving cushion.

Jonnyb416
80-90 Mem No: 9259

Post by Jonnyb416 »

I’m sure the best idea is to securely fit the cushions to the metal frame of the RnR bed/seat. I had my seat cushions professionally upholstered so asked for the seat cushion to be covered in Velcro, this sticks to the Velcro on the seat base which is screwed to the frame base. It is literally covered in Velcro. The rear cushion is made with plenty of ties to attach it to the rear frame. Couple that with a well fitted seat belt and I believe we’ve made it as secure as possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1982 Diesel hightop. 1Y engine. Still work in progress but running and taking us on holidays.

jas915

Post by jas915 »

Here are a couple of pics of the current arrangement, its what came with the van when i got it 10years ago and has been fine, but im not liking the idea of putting a child seat on it. So i think im after a new seat/bed, ideally with integrated 3 point belts. Any recommendation of beds? or even suggestions of what i could do with what i have to make it safer

http://www.flickr.com/photos/157923735@ ... res/0GXEmP" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Jonnyb416

Post by Jonnyb416 »

I can’t see those pictures, is it just me?

There is a company that make RnR beds with integrated seatbelts based in Scotland somewhere. M1 beds or something.

1982 Diesel hightop. 1Y engine. Still work in progress but running and taking us on holidays.

Goldfeesh

Post by Goldfeesh »

Jonnyb416 wrote:I can’t see those pictures, is it just me?

There is a company that make RnR beds with integrated seatbelts based in Scotland somewhere. M1 beds or something.

M1 is in Nottingham. Not crash tested but look solid and I've not seen any negative reviews.

R0B
80-90 Mem No: 864

Post by R0B »

https://www.m1camperbeds.com/M1CamperBe ... -p59092782" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2.1 LPG/Petrol Auto Caravelle

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits"

Jonnyb416

Post by Jonnyb416 »

Goldfeesh wrote:
Jonnyb416 wrote:I can’t see those pictures, is it just me?

M1 is in Nottingham. Not crash tested but look solid and I've not seen any negative reviews.
Just a few hundred miles out!