Another fridge gas problem.

The Tardis factor (interiors, awnings, roofs etc)

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

paperhouselad
80-90 Mem No: 10768

Another fridge gas problem.

Post by paperhouselad »

Stumped here electrolux 212b fridge wont fire up on gas. The problem is it won't attempt to fire up spit cough or bang when you press the sparker. There is a spark the gap is correct and cleaned up the contacts, there is gas getting to the burner jet, tried another of a working unit not blocked either. Got a 50 mb regulater propane on order to give it a bit more pressure. Although they say a 2 hole burner only needs 37 mb, don't know what to try next??. Thanks.

captain Byrne
80-90 Mem No: 7107

Re: Another fridge gas problem.

Post by captain Byrne »

paperhouselad wrote:Got a 50 mb regulater propane on order to give it a bit more pressure. Although they say a 2 hole burner only needs 37 mb, don't know what to try next??. Thanks.
If you look at the badge on the inside on the left, there will be all sorts of info, including the pressure at which you should have the gas pressure set at. You should make sure it tallies with this. Putting in a 50mb regulator in place of the correct 37mb is inadvisable and will create more problems for you. If the injector is clean and you have a good spark and the electrode is positioned correctly, then there is no reason why it shouldn't fire up. I would suggest you reposition the electrode & clean the injector & try again. To clean the injector, you can use a high pressure air hose or soak in a cleaning solvent. Don't go poking around with needles or bits of wire - It's brass and is easily damaged.
1983 LHD Westfalia poptop 1.9 DG petrol.

paperhouselad
80-90 Mem No: 10768

Re: Another fridge gas problem.

Post by paperhouselad »

Hi thanks for that, have looked at the badge but hard to make anything out, but manual says 37bts for 2 hole burner which i have on my set up. I put the fridge in a while ago running from a calor lite propane bottle, it worked fine then when the bottle was full, thinking back it stopped when it reached quite low then tried with a full butane with a 29 bts regulater with not much success, so will try a full calor lite propane next to see if that gets any more gas through. As i say there's gas up to the different working jet and clean sparker with 3/16 gap but no firing at all. Thanks.