Rear seat belts and 3/4 rock and roll bed. Please help

The Tardis factor (interiors, awnings, roofs etc)

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

2011dandd
80-90 Mem No: 0

Rear seat belts and 3/4 rock and roll bed. Please help

Post by 2011dandd »

Right here’s the deal....
I’ve got a converted panel van, converted into s camper somewhere down the line. It’s got units to window height all the way down the r/h drivers side and a 3/4 rock and roll bed. I’ve got two kids so desperate for seat belts. I bought the rear seat belt kits from brickwerks.

I have read lots on line but am really puzzled. I have found the holes for fixing the mounting point plates. As far as I can tell the left hand belt should be straight forward but the R/h behind the driver will be a different story because of the unit.

I was thinking of simply fitting an extension but I’m not sure if that would solve anything.
Can anyone give a definitive answer and provide a simple way of getting round it?
Would a 5mm plate angle iron bolted to the floor right next to the unit do the trick then bolt that point of the belt into that???

Cheers

AngeloEvs
80-90 Mem No: 4709

Re: Rear seat belts and 3/4 rock and roll bed. Please help

Post by AngeloEvs »

If you are referring to the lap belt fitting then your idea for a 5mm rightangle plate bolted to the bodywork sounds good. I bolted mine through the wheelarch, a small length of the belt, a few cm or so, goes through the side of the furniture panel but your idea sounds good.
1987 DG Karisma LPG with remodelled interior

2011dandd
80-90 Mem No: 0

Post by 2011dandd »

Yeah sorry the lap belt is exactly what I’m talking about. I might just go with moving the point in to the wheel arch like you have mentioned. Looking at it yesterday I think that will be he easiest thing all round. On a bit of a time deadline and need to get done.
Cheers for your help

clift_d
80-90 Mem No: 11695

Post by clift_d »

There's been plenty of previous threads on this issue - for example see the one below.

http://forum.club8090.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=164277

You should easily be able to find others through the forum search.
1988 LHD T25 1.6TD Westfalia Club Joker Hightop syncro