Waste water

The Tardis factor (interiors, awnings, roofs etc)

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

pondering
80-90 Mem No: 0

Waste water

Post by pondering »

My Autohomes Kameo didn't come with an onboard waste tank and just has the discharge pipe on the nearside sliding door side. Not having owned a camper before and not yet camped in it ( ! ), I'm wondering how you all manage waste water. Do you use a bucket (collapsible?), a plastic 'can', or a Wastemaster/Fiamma type pull along container ? The latter type looks good but does seem rather large to carry around in the not huge van when not in use ! What has experience shown works best for you ?

Thanks in advance.
1987 Autohomes Kameo RHD

bigbadbob76
80-90 Mem No: 15707

Re: Waste water

Post by bigbadbob76 »

We started off with a bucket under the outlet pipe, stick a stone in it in windy weather. :lol:
Don't forget it when you drive away, I drove over our first one when I shifted the van a few feet. lol.
We also now have a black waste water can that we can seal for carrying to the drain point, have to bungee that to the wheel in windy weather though.
Whichever one we take, it goes in the roof box outr of the way.
'86 1.9 DG, 4 spd, tintop, camper conversion.
Split case club member.

kentishvanman
80-90 Mem No: 875

Post by kentishvanman »

Hi,
I fitted a small tank, from CAK Tanks, in a small space in front of the rear o/s wheel arch. I think I used one of their standard ones. About 2/3 galls. Access for cleaning is thro the base of the locker above. Can empty via drain tap on u/s of van into a collapsible container.
1987/8 Autosleeper, 1.9dg (Automatic) hightop. Petrol/ LPG

Mocki
Membership Admin
80-90 Mem No: 428

Post by Mocki »

Mine just drops out under the middle of the van ( well away from the wheel track)
It only ever water that goes down there , just water , occasionally soapy but nothing nasty
It’s not like there is waste food or potatoe peelings . Can’t see the point in saving it .
Steve
tel / txt O7947-137911
👀

1989 2.1LpgWBX HiTop Leisuredrive Camper
1988 2.1 Caravelle TS TinTop Camper 

bigbadbob76
80-90 Mem No: 15707

Post by bigbadbob76 »

kentishvanman wrote:Hi,
I fitted a small tank, from CAK Tanks, in a small space in front of the rear o/s wheel arch. I think I used one of their standard ones. About 2/3 galls. Access for cleaning is thro the base of the locker above. Can empty via drain tap on u/s of van into a collapsible container.

That's where I have my removable fresh water tank. :ok
'86 1.9 DG, 4 spd, tintop, camper conversion.
Split case club member.

pondering

Post by pondering »

bigbadbob76 wrote:
kentishvanman wrote:Hi,

That's where I have my removable fresh water tank. :ok

Can either of you provide a picture please as I can't visualise where you mean ? :?
1987 Autohomes Kameo RHD

kentishvanman
80-90 Mem No: 875

Post by kentishvanman »

Hi

That's where I have my removable fresh water tank. :ok[/quote]

Aha. My fresh water tank is under the sliding door.
Without knowing your wagon it is difficult to help. It really is a question of finding a space, near the sink, to put one.
It may not even be poss.
Could it go underneath?
1987/8 Autosleeper, 1.9dg (Automatic) hightop. Petrol/ LPG

937carrera
80-90 Mem No: 16333

Post by 937carrera »

https://www.somersetcamping.co.uk/acces ... black-p859

I thought almost everyone used these if they didn't have the grey caravan type one with wheels ?
1981 RHD 2.0 Aircooled Leisuredrive project, CU engine
1990 RHD 1.9 Auto Sleeper with DF/DG engine

pondering

Post by pondering »

Thanks, 937carrera I've seen those and a variation on it from Just Kampers with useful two handles:

https://www.justkampers.com/catalog/pro ... jerry-can/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

A couple that I talked with in a local camping shop, who are on their third motorhome ( ! ), said they just used a bucket ! So it just made me wonder what T25 'ers use...
1987 Autohomes Kameo RHD

Tinium
80-90 Mem No: 12269

Post by Tinium »

We've got a folding bucket for the waste water, folds down to next-to-nothing when not in use. Also have the folding washing up bowl & colander, anything to save a bit of precious space :)

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Washing-Up-C ... ufUyqMvGIA" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
1987 Syncro EJ25 Leisuredrive Tin-Top Campervan