Interior Overhaul

The Tardis factor (interiors, awnings, roofs etc)

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

pleasestartnow
80-90 Mem No: 11015

Interior Overhaul

Post by pleasestartnow »

Hi all, not sure if this is the right section of the forum for my question.

Basically, I must pull out my interior to deal with rot behind the fridge. I have the Autohomes Kameo 3 interior, http://www.autohomes.vwt25camper.info/h ... meo_3.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; , in my van currently and it looks fairly dated.

Since I must pull out the interior I have decided that I will change it around a bit but I am struggling to find some inspiration. I want to remove the fridge and sink (maybe) and remove where the water drum is and turn that into storage as we have never once in the 5 years we had the van put water in it. The most important thing we want to deal with is to make the bed a bit wider or make the van more comfortable for us to sit in. I am handy enough with building basic furniture so any modifications like that shouldn't be a problem, but I would just like to see other peoples interiors for some ideas. Any ideas on where to look? Google and Pinterest seem to show up non-t25 vans or t25 vans with a similar interior painted white etc .

Any ideas or help appreciated as always.

Thanks
Martin
1Y 1990 5 speed 1.9D

CovKid
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 3529

Re: Interior Overhaul

Post by CovKid »

I gutted mine three times. The first was really what I 'thought' i'd need, the second was what everyone said i'd need, and the third was gleaned from writing down all the faults whilst camping and nailing every one. I now have the perfect interior with even a place to stash a portaloo. All built using batten frames, tongue & groove to keep the weight really low, then a dash of beach hut blue. Feels like I'm on holiday every time I drive it now. Portaloo stashes nicely behind that curtain below the table.

Roller paint your camper at home: http://roller.epizy.com/55554/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; for MP4 download.

pleasestartnow

Post by pleasestartnow »

Looks amazing, same colour as my van as well. Giving serious thought to what we actually need etc, fridge and water container definitely to go like. Think we used the portaloo once in dire circumstances on one of our maiden voyages......never again :D :D .Thanks for sharing! Definitely giving me ideas already!
1Y 1990 5 speed 1.9D

mshaw1980
80-90 Mem No: 14800

Post by mshaw1980 »

Ralph that material on the bed/seat looks exactly the same as the material that was on the home made rock n roll bed that came with my van. Is that a common pattern?
1987 VW T25: Subaru EJ20 using RJES parts (If it was meant to go fast it wouldn't be brick shaped!)

bootie3367
80-90 Mem No: 10560

Post by bootie3367 »

Hey Ralph, see that rear window of yours, is that a vinyl patterned sticky cover? Where did you get it, was it glass specific or just a general use sheet?

Jon
'89 Westy Joker Hitop
1.6TD JX engine

hightop ratty
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 2717

Post by hightop ratty »

CovKid wrote:I gutted mine three times. The first was really what I 'thought' i'd need, the second was what everyone said i'd need, and the third was gleaned from writing down all the faults whilst camping and nailing every one. I now have the perfect interior with even a place to stash a portaloo. All built using batten frames, tongue & groove to keep the weight really low, then a dash of beach hut blue. Feels like I'm on holiday every time I drive it now. Portaloo stashes nicely behind that curtain below the table.

I know it looks pretty finished (very nicely as well :-) - but if you want any more beachy stuff for your van - have a look at our webshop http://www.camperandbeachgifts.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; we have some great quality things that would compliment what you've already got :-)

AngeloEvs
80-90 Mem No: 4709

Post by AngeloEvs »

This is my refurbished Autohomes Karisma, after the first year of living in it four days a week as accommodation and discovering the usual floor corrosion behind the fridge, I opted for more space. I kept as much of the original lightweight timber and used it where possible, the work tops, table, etc are pine (which is itself very light). The original three way fridge was replaced with a waeco compressor type and the original under seat water tank removed. I relined the interior with embossed vinyl as it is easy to keep clean.

Imageint flickr by Angelo Evans, on Flickr
1987 DG Karisma LPG with remodelled interior

CovKid
Trader

Post by CovKid »

Nope - duvet cover from a charity shop which I recycled. Have since fitted a blue vinyl cover for seat/bed.

mshaw1980 wrote:Ralph that material on the bed/seat looks exactly the same as the material that was on the home made rock n roll bed that came with my van. Is that a common pattern?
Roller paint your camper at home: http://roller.epizy.com/55554/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; for MP4 download.

CovKid
Trader

Post by CovKid »

Wilco - around a fiver. Its designed for homes but had no prob covering that window. Works well - bit of privacy during the day and brings in some fantastic colours too when the sun is in the right place. Will do a video tour soon as I've more or less finished it now - just front seats to recover.

bootie3367 wrote:Hey Ralph, see that rear window of yours, is that a vinyl patterned sticky cover? Where did you get it, was it glass specific or just a general use sheet?

Jon

pleasestartnow

Post by pleasestartnow »

Nice and tidy Angelo! looks a lot more spacious, i say i will hopefully end up with something of a similar layout.
1Y 1990 5 speed 1.9D