Fridge vents

The Tardis factor (interiors, awnings, roofs etc)

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

pondering
80-90 Mem No: 0

Fridge vents

Post by pondering »

Having removed the old Electrolux absorption fridge, I now have 2 x air vents (top and bottom) and the exhaust vent, in the side of the van to block up ! Has anyone blocked theirs up and using what materials please ? Googling doesn't seem to yield any blanks just 'Winter covers' for the air vents, and I've yet to measure if they'd fit !

Thanks in advance.
1987 Autohomes Kameo RHD

AngeloEvs
80-90 Mem No: 4709

Re: Fridge vents

Post by AngeloEvs »

My Autohomes had two large vents and a flue vent. I removed my absorption fridge and use a compressor type so the vents were not needed. The lower one was removed and I welded a section in its place. I thought about doing the same for the flue vent and top air vent but decided that maybe if I ever sold the van someone would like to fit an absorption fridge so these are in place.

The flue vent is sealed from the inside with gaffer tape and the remaining upper vent was removed and sealed with a thin layer of plastic with gorrila tape holding it in place then refitted. It also has a clip on winter cover but that is only because I purchased those before I removed the old fridge. I am pretty sure the winter covers are standard size and I got them from Rainbow Conversions.
1987 DG Karisma LPG with remodelled interior