propex heater

The Tardis factor (interiors, awnings, roofs etc)

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

angleseycaver
80-90 Mem No: 0

propex heater

Post by angleseycaver »

Each day this week I have fired up my propex ,no problem, yesterday, tried, nothing, tried new gas bottle , checked battery just would not fire up...this morning a run over to the other side of the island, stopping tried the propex again, fired up straight away, worked ok ever since, any one else had this problem ??

a1winchester
80-90 Mem No: 7187

Re: propex heater

Post by a1winchester »

Can stop working when the battery voltage drops below a given level. It's a safety feature - failsafe.
1990 Autosleeper Trident. Water cooled 1.9L DG + 4 speed manual box

paperhouselad
80-90 Mem No: 10768

Post by paperhouselad »

Yes second that, battery needs to be on top form.

CovKid
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 3529

Post by CovKid »

as does the power/earth wires. I've seen some owners with a power supply line that was completely inadequate and that too will cause a non-fireup.
Roller paint your camper at home: http://roller.epizy.com/55554/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; for MP4 download.

angleseycaver
80-90 Mem No: 0

Post by angleseycaver »

Been firing up my heater two or three times a week, this week end my son came to visit in his T4 to see my Propex set up, and guess what, it did not fire up, I tried it for three days running, to no avail, and this morning just prior to removing it , I tried it once more switching it on with out the gas on, on noticing that I had not switched on the gas tap I turned it on while the motor was running and it fired up straight away, since I have fired it up three times, first turning on the unit and then opening the gas, and low and behold has fired up every time !!!