Flexible fridge flue vent pipe

The Tardis factor (interiors, awnings, roofs etc)

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

meggles

Flexible fridge flue vent pipe

Post by meggles »

I've started refitting my van interior. The fridge is now around 8 inches (sorry, I'm an oldie) away from original position. A flexible vent pipe from the fridge to the outlet on the van wall would be great. Is there such a thing? Thanks

Oldiebut goodie
80-90 Mem No: 11135

Re: Flexible fridge flue vent pipe

Post by Oldiebut goodie »

You aren't supposed to extend the flues from the original solid tube length - it can lead to condensation that can run back into the burner tube. Annoyingly the length of the original solid tube isn't quoted but the distance of the back of the fridge box ( not the pipework) is supposed to be 3" from the side of the van according to the manual for the RM122f. So presumably the new position will exceed the original exhaust length.
1.6D 2019 VW T-Cross
200hp VW T6
1̶Y̶ ̶1̶9̶8̶7̶ ̶H̶i̶-̶t̶o̶p̶ ̶C̶a̶r̶a̶v̶e̶l̶l̶e̶
5̶0̶8̶d̶ ̶M̶e̶r̶c̶

meggles

Post by meggles »

Didn't know that. Thanks obg .... Plan b!

Ralf85
80-90 Mem No: 4418
Location: West London - 1985 westie pop top, LHD, 1900 DF engine

Post by Ralf85 »

Brickwerks supply a flexible fridge exhaust vent hose as fitted as standard to Westies. However, it is relatively short and also may not fit your fridge connections.

Mocki
Membership Admin
80-90 Mem No: 428

Post by Mocki »

ally tv antenna mast ( of the correct diameter) worked for me
Steve
tel / txt O7947-137911
👀

1989 2.1LpgWBX HiTop Leisuredrive Camper
1988 2.1 Caravelle TS TinTop Camper 

Tinium
80-90 Mem No: 12269

Post by Tinium »

My fridge has a flexi exhaust hose, and even though I've now removed the downwards section that the previous owner left in it :evil: , it's still so useless that I avoid using it on gas - any wind etc. makes it back up and vent into the van, there's just not enough upwards slope on it to make it work properly. Ditching it and putting the correct solid exhaust pipe into a new vent outlet is on the list of things to do, might be worth considering if there's free space where the vent now needs to go on yours?
(I know cutting more holes in a van is never great).
1987 Syncro EJ25 Leisuredrive Tin-Top Campervan

Mocki
Membership Admin
80-90 Mem No: 428

Post by Mocki »

Tinium wrote:My fridge has a flexi exhaust hose, and even though I've now removed the downwards section that the previous owner left in it :evil: , it's still so useless that I avoid using it on gas - any wind etc. makes it back up and vent into the van, there's just not enough upwards slope on it to make it work properly. Ditching it and putting the correct solid exhaust pipe into a new vent outlet is on the list of things to do, might be worth considering if there's free space where the vent now needs to go on yours?
(I know cutting more holes in a van is never great).

they are shaped like that for a reason, and even tho Westfailure used flexi pipe, its wrong!

cutting holes is fine if you do it correctly and paint the new bare metal before it cools!!
rust needs oxygen, paint it as soon as you have made the hole and you solve that problem.
this is why panel vans made into camper have rusty window holes, they didnt bother to paint the new cuts.....
Steve
tel / txt O7947-137911
👀

1989 2.1LpgWBX HiTop Leisuredrive Camper
1988 2.1 Caravelle TS TinTop Camper