Gasit Underbody Tank Questions

The Tardis factor (interiors, awnings, roofs etc)

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

bmouthboyo
80-90 Mem No: 9396

Gasit Underbody Tank Questions

Post by bmouthboyo »

Hope some of your knowledgable people with Gasit LPG / Autogas tanks can answer a few questions as I plan to install this setup soon.

Firstly I plan to run my Propex 1600 Heater and Autosleeper Hob and Fridge.

Question 1 - Can I use 37mb Regulator feeding into a manifold and into each of these appliances? Is the pressure too high for the Hob and Fridge and if so is it possible to add another regulator for them?

I am thinking of buying the EASYFIT - 200mm x 30 ltr Tank https://www.gasit.co.uk/200-x-30-ltr-ga ... -feet.html.

I am a bit unsure of the fixings needed as the description doesn't specify what sized outlet it has and I have not owned one before. I was hoping to use 8mm copper pipe as I assume is safer than flexi hose.

Questions 2 - Do I use 8mm Copper pipe on the entire system, or should I use flexi from the regulator on the tank to a tap manifold, then copper to appliances?

I am hoping to install a chasis mounted fill point not one cut into the body. This will then go through the floor into a cupboard and join a 3 tap manifold, each tap then going off to the 3 appliances.

There are so many regulators I am a but unsure what to go for other than it should be 37mb propex type. Most seem to have the tails for flexi hose so unsure which to go for if I am planning 8mm copper throughout, unless this is over kill?

Question 3 - What output is does the Gasit tanks have? And as such which regulator input do I need?

I cannot find any images of what is under the Gasit plastic outlet shield so unsure of the orientation of outputs. I want to use the L bracket https://www.gasit.co.uk/leisure-gas-ref ... acket.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; to mount the fill point to the chassis

Question 4 - do I need a both Angled Fill point https://www.gasit.co.uk/leisure-gas-ref ... fixed.html and angled fill hose https://www.gasit.co.uk/0-5mtr-straight ... -hose.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;, or just one angled and other straight?

Can anyone look at my list and see if all OK and if anything wrong or missing?

I am mainly confused how I go from tank to regulator to 8mm copper pipes. Does the regulator connect directly to tank outlet? If so should I then use rubber or copper pipe and what regulator allows me to do that.

Thanks in advanced :ok
1983 Autosleeper Trooper - 1.8 Gti Conversion

dumbo
80-90 Mem No: 10625

Re: Gasit Underbody Tank Questions

Post by dumbo »

quick release bbq fitting and tee compression, gas filter and cartridge 30,37 bar reg?? all 8mm copper :ok
simon
1986 DG WBX AUTOHOMES kamper

bmouthboyo

Post by bmouthboyo »

dumbo wrote:quick release bbq fitting and tee compression, gas filter and cartridge 30,37 bar reg?? all 8mm copper :ok
simon

Is a gas filter needed? Why would gas vapour be dirty? Where does it go in the system?

Thanks

dumbo
80-90 Mem No: 10625

Post by dumbo »

why dont you just write it all down and then phone gasit up easy :roll: and all questions will be answered :ok
1986 DG WBX AUTOHOMES kamper

bmouthboyo

Post by bmouthboyo »

I emailed them but no reply yet :(

kentishvanman
80-90 Mem No: 875

Post by kentishvanman »

Hi,
Just fitted an under slung tank to my wagon. I fitted a 16litre one as this big enough for our use and gives more ground clearance. We run cooker, Propex and fridge.
I could never get answers to my emails from Gasit so in the end I got everything from Tinley Tech.
The Gasit tank with welded feet would probably have been easier to fit than a tank that needs straps but I had an angle frame that was welded to the underside so went with straps.
Have existing copper pipe that goes from fill point to inlet non return valve on tank. 30mb regulator screws direct to outlet tap on tank. From regulator, tubing, 'the orange stuff' goes up to taps manifold in cupboard. From there to appliances is in copper.
Orange tubing under van is run through some poly tube as protection. Tank has three straps, as recommended and is angled so that it only fills to 80%, again as recommended
Tinley Tech could not have been more helpful. Prices were about the same from both firms.
Hope this answers some of your questions.
1987/8 Autosleeper, 1.9dg (Automatic) hightop. Petrol/ LPG