Westfalia kitchen gas supply

The Tardis factor (interiors, awnings, roofs etc)

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

tforturton
80-90 Mem No: 11177

Westfalia kitchen gas supply

Post by tforturton »

I've got a Westfalia kitchen unit with stove/sink. As a temporary measure, I want to fit an adaptor to the metal stove gas-feed pipe, to allow me to run it using a 907 Camping Gaz bottle. The pipe from the bottle will fit on the end of the adaptor, which will then screw into the fitting on the stove pipe. But....does anyone know what size/thread that fitting is? Are these adaptors readily available?
1990 2.1 DJ Syncro Caravelle/Westfalia conversion RHD

captain Byrne
80-90 Mem No: 7107

Re: Westfalia kitchen gas supply

Post by captain Byrne »

Have a look at this thread http://forum.club8090.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=158129" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Has a bit of info on pipe sizes etc.
1983 LHD Westfalia poptop 1.9 DG petrol.

tforturton
80-90 Mem No: 11177

Post by tforturton »

Thanks for that. A good read, but a bit confusing!
The part I'm looking at is the steel pipe that is comes with, and is attached to, the stove. There is a threaded joint at the end, where it would normally fit on to the manifold. I want to disconnect the manifold, and instead, fit an adaptor to the end of the steel stove pipe, that would allow me to run a rubber pipe to a gas bottle. So what I'm after is - either a link to a site that sells such a thing, or someone to tell me what size that threaded connection is.
1990 2.1 DJ Syncro Caravelle/Westfalia conversion RHD

captain Byrne
80-90 Mem No: 7107

Post by captain Byrne »

Remove a section of feed pipe from under the cupboard & take it to a decent plumbers merchant. They should be able to sort you out.
Failing that get in touch with Steve at Gasure. http://www.gasure.co.uk/index.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
1983 LHD Westfalia poptop 1.9 DG petrol.

irishkeet
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 2322

Post by irishkeet »

tforturton wrote:Thanks for that. A good read, but a bit confusing!
The part I'm looking at is the steel pipe that is comes with, and is attached to, the stove. There is a threaded joint at the end, where it would normally fit on to the manifold. I want to disconnect the manifold, and instead, fit an adaptor to the end of the steel stove pipe, that would allow me to run a rubber pipe to a gas bottle. So what I'm after is - either a link to a site that sells such a thing, or someone to tell me what size that threaded connection is.

I also need something like this as I want to fit a small gaslow bottle under the sink, watching with interest 8)
------------------------
1985 Doka 1.9 DG 4 Speed Box
---
1986 Fakefalia Syncro Subaru EJ25

CovKid
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 3529

Post by CovKid »

If you use quick-connectors, you can have all kinds of adapters on hand. You just swap to the relevant hose.

Two, for less than £4. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/4x8mm-Gas-Hos ... SwBOtY-Iz1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Roller paint your camper at home: http://roller.epizy.com/55554/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; for MP4 download.

bigbadbob76
80-90 Mem No: 15707

Post by bigbadbob76 »

1-Can you post a pic of the fitting that goes into the manifold?
I don't have a westy stove but might be able to help as I played around with a lot of fittings during the "confusing" thread.
I just re-read it and you're right, it's a very confusing read but I was very confused myself at the time. :lol:

2-I think what you need is called a Fullham adapter, I might even have one I can send you if the thread is right, need a pic first though. :-)
Do you have a digital caliper you can measure the diameter of the stove pipe with?
I'd place a bet that westy would use metric fittings so it's probably 8mm pipe but that's making assumptions on my part. :shock:
'86 1.9 DG, 4 spd, tintop, camper conversion.
Split case club member.

irishkeet
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 2322

Post by irishkeet »

would something like this do the job?
https://www.vwbusshop.de/epages/GuenzlC ... /333000294
------------------------
1985 Doka 1.9 DG 4 Speed Box
---
1986 Fakefalia Syncro Subaru EJ25