Under slung water tank

The Tardis factor (interiors, awnings, roofs etc)

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

randamonia
80-90 Mem No: 14035

Under slung water tank

Post by randamonia »

Has anyone retro fitted an under slung water tank? Mine has been moved to the rear cupboard to make way for the LPG and to be honest it's a pain in the ass to fill and takes up most of the cupboard. I see Cak tanks do a T4 kit but couldn't find a T25 kit.

Thanks
1987 Autohomes Komet 1.9 DG

scottbott
80-90 Mem No: 6085

Re: Under slung water tank

Post by scottbott »

have a look at Autosleeper mine has an underslung tank not sure if any are available, try billy 739 on here, he is a breaker/trader of these vans
Nil carborundum illegitimi

Tinium
80-90 Mem No: 12269

Post by Tinium »

ianf is making custom underslung water/fuel tanks, and does a shipment to the UK when there's enough orders, if that's any help :)

http://forum.club8090.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=158766" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
1987 Syncro EJ25 Leisuredrive Tin-Top Campervan

randamonia
80-90 Mem No: 14035

Post by randamonia »

Very nice kit but a bit over the top for what I'm thinking.
1987 Autohomes Komet 1.9 DG

a1winchester
80-90 Mem No: 7187

Post by a1winchester »

I replaced my original Autosleeper underslung tank recently with an inexpensive plastic tank off the interweb. - Food grade plastic of course.
It's a bit smaller than the original but adequate capacity. Get a black one if you can. Mine was white but I painted it black. (Stops the water going green I'm told.)

The setup is quite simple. There's a plywood board under the tank, and 2 metal straps (I replaced with stainless bendy strap). The straps go up the sides of the tank and are simply hook bolted to pre-existing holes in the chassis. (4 hook bolts needed) The tank comes with a drain plug moulded onto the bottom corner. I had to drill the tank the other end and fit a union for the filler hose which I scavanged off the old tank.

Obviously, the feed pipe to the pump was already there, so no difficulty with that, but another hole had to be drilled in the tank for that.
1990 Autosleeper Trident. Water cooled 1.9L DG + 4 speed manual box

irishkeet
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 2322

Post by irishkeet »

randamonia wrote:Has anyone retro fitted an under slung water tank? Mine has been moved to the rear cupboard to make way for the LPG and to be honest it's a pain in the ass to fill and takes up most of the cupboard. I see Cak tanks do a T4 kit but couldn't find a T25 kit.

Thanks

Hello
I have a complete CAK tank for a t25 with pump filler etc etc, brand new never fitted, PM if you would like more info

ATB
irishkeet
------------------------
1985 Doka 1.9 DG 4 Speed Box
---
1986 Fakefalia Syncro Subaru EJ25