Waeco fridge help

The Tardis factor (interiors, awnings, roofs etc)

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

Twistedpro
80-90 Mem No: 13195

Waeco fridge help

Post by Twistedpro »

I am looking for some advice, I have wired in my waeco fridge direct from my leisure battery with the negative wired onto the chassis. This provides a shorter run.

On my leisure battery I have a CTEK smart charger for electric hook ups, a solar panel hookup and a smart charger for charging while driving. Reading the manual it says I have to remove the fridge if connected to a charger. Is this correct do I need to disconnect the fridge while driving, connecting my solar panels or CTek charger while on hookup? I can't see how I will keep my fridge cold if this is the case. Any advice is welcome
2.1i DJ Automatic petrol Caravelle 1991

Da dan
80-90 Mem No: 0

Re: Waeco fridge help

Post by Da dan »

Life without cold beer [TIRED FACE] Hope you sort it soon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AngeloEvs
80-90 Mem No: 4709

Post by AngeloEvs »

I left my Waeco connected whilst driving and when on hookup with the zig charger switched on without any problems. I used my van for accomodation and the waeco was on for days on end. I had the portable chest freezer type and do not recall ever reading any warnings regards using while connected to a charger.
1987 DG Karisma LPG with remodelled interior

Twistedpro
80-90 Mem No: 13195

Post by Twistedpro »

Many thanks Angelo, i spoke Dometic and the waeco fridge has a 15v cutoff so its fine with my chargers
2.1i DJ Automatic petrol Caravelle 1991

Mocki
Membership Admin
80-90 Mem No: 428

Post by Mocki »

you may however have a problem with your mains and split charger if its a VSR arguing with the solar controller if its dual controller, as the VSR will see charge voltage and join the two batteries together as if the engine is running , defeating the object of controlled charging of the leisure battery ......
Steve
tel / txt O7947-137911
👀

1989 2.1LpgWBX HiTop Leisuredrive Camper
1988 2.1 Caravelle TS TinTop Camper 

CovKid
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 3529

Post by CovKid »

Welcome back AngeloEVS - not heard from you for ages! Last time I saw you I dropped by out Warwick way.
Roller paint your camper at home: http://roller.epizy.com/55554/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; for MP4 download.