Westfalia Hightop Bed Guard

The Tardis factor (interiors, awnings, roofs etc)

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

Adey-M
80-90 Mem No: 15723

Westfalia Hightop Bed Guard

Post by Adey-M »

Morning all. Fairly new to the t25/t3 world and recently went on our 1st trip. The kids were more than happy sleeping up top, however every time they moved in the night I was awake thinking they were going to drop over the edge.

I have had a search through a lot of old posts on here but can't see anything specifically for the hightop. Is there or was there ever anything produced for this? There are lugholes on either side of the roof which would suggest there was something but where can I find one?

Thanks in advance, Adey

clift_d
80-90 Mem No: 11695

Re: Westfalia Hightop Bed Guard

Post by clift_d »

They're available new from Günzl in Germany - see here.

They also make them in brown if you have an earlier Westy.
1988 LHD T25 1.6TD Westfalia Club Joker Hightop syncro

Adey-M
80-90 Mem No: 15723

Post by Adey-M »

Magic!! Many thanks. I'll look forward to a good nights sleep next time we go.

nsjtaylor
80-90 Mem No: 0

Post by nsjtaylor »

Blow me down with a feather duster; I was wondering what the two holes in my high-top Westy were for, and thought "I could utilise those to make something to keep our 3 year old from rolling out"... so, thanks for clearing that one up for me :mrgreen:

Incidentally, for those who may be interested, rather than put a mesh up, we bought a LittleLife Snuggle Pod instead (Penguin). The sleeping bag is "fitted" to the mattress (so it can't come detached), and the "arms" of the penguin inflate so that they're slightly higher than the air mattress itself. So... they're in a sleeping bag which can't come loose from the airbed, and neither can they roll out of it. All in all, it was enough to convince us that she'll be fine up there as she's extremely unlikely to make her way out in her sleep, and she's not a huge wriggler anyway. When she wakes up and wants to get down (too small to get herself down), she hollers at us to wake up and get her. She thinks it's hilarious and loves it.
"Bob" - 1984 Westfalia Joker High-Top, 1.9DG