Westfalia California fridge

The Tardis factor (interiors, awnings, roofs etc)

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

davidoft1
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 16628

Westfalia California fridge

Post by davidoft1 »

Fridge was working perfectly fine before the end of last season, been sat on the drive 5 months ish, now the fridge doesn't appear on 240, is there a fuse or anything, hookup works as can charge my phone etc through the socket in the van

It was very hot the days I needed to use the fridge

Ralf85
80-90 Mem No: 4418
Location: West London - 1985 westie pop top, LHD, 1900 DF engine

Re: Westfalia California fridge

Post by Ralf85 »

davidoft1 wrote:Fridge was working perfectly fine before the end of last season, been sat on the drive 5 months ish, now the fridge doesn't appear on 240, is there a fuse or anything, hookup works as can charge my phone etc through the socket in the van
It was very hot the days I needed to use the fridge
Always good to check the fridge is working before leaving home. Did it run it on the battery option while driving along or on gas? Did they work?
Did you follow my advice to run the fridge a couple of times during the winter to stop the ammonia crystalizing in the system? If that has happened you will need to follow the advice from the manufacturer, which requires removing the fridge, turning it upside down and shaking it to get the ammonia crystals to re-dissolve.

With a bit of luck the problem might be simpler. If it's the same setup as my Joker, there are two bullet fuses in the small black fusebox, on the B pillar to the right of your driver's seat. If they are the aluminium fuses and not blown, twist them around to break the corrosion that occurs because of the reaction with the copper terminals. That might fix it. Also, if you have these fuses replace with copper ones as soon as is convenient. Good luck.