New Interior

The Tardis factor (interiors, awnings, roofs etc)

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

crickard33
80-90 Mem No: 0

Re: New Interior

Post by crickard33 »

Just started refitting my t25 1987 karisma interior , using ribbed biege carpet to all wall pannels as the old Flax original was dirty and dust came out of it every time you touched it, and PVC wood effect to all doors and units a more modern stripped brown and cream effect, very pleased with the difference so far, spent a day on the standing area and got about half way.
Bit of a job getting the flax of the upper door walls, as they are all staples behind each door and need to restapeled to keep them in place.
Obviously when made they were covered before assembly, so a bit of a job but I think she will look lovely when completed.
I spent around £200 for the carpet , PVC sticky plastic and vinyl flooring,bought way more than i need I think but as its my first go at this I wanted enough to cover mistakes, I will post some photos later.

starting to look like a new van, but wanted to keep everything as original as I can, keep it a bit retro for the Mrs, but update it make it clean and tidy.

So it is possible on a small budget using all the old doors and cupboards.

CovKid
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 3529

Post by CovKid »

Beach hut theme coming along nicely

Roller paint your camper at home: http://roller.epizy.com/55554/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; for MP4 download.

100leelee
80-90 Mem No: 15962

Post by 100leelee »

crickard33 wrote:Just started refitting my t25 1987 karisma interior , using ribbed biege carpet to all wall pannels as the old Flax original was dirty and dust came out of it every time you touched it, and PVC wood effect to all doors and units a more modern stripped brown and cream effect, very pleased with the difference so far, spent a day on the standing area and got about half way.
Bit of a job getting the flax of the upper door walls, as they are all staples behind each door and need to restapeled to keep them in place.
Obviously when made they were covered before assembly, so a bit of a job but I think she will look lovely when completed.
I spent around £200 for the carpet , PVC sticky plastic and vinyl flooring,bought way more than i need I think but as its my first go at this I wanted enough to cover mistakes, I will post some photos later.

starting to look like a new van, but wanted to keep everything as original as I can, keep it a bit retro for the Mrs, but update it make it clean and tidy.

So it is possible on a small budget using all the old doors and cupboards.

Sounds great!! Where did you get the ribbed carpet from, I don't know why but I prefer this to the flat 'stretch' stuff that seems popular..! Which type of PVC wrap are you using? Thanks!!

crickard33
80-90 Mem No: 0

Post by crickard33 »

Martrim ltd in biege a little darker than the original and a little thicker , i think i am going to iron the edges, especially in the upper windows as these are glued to metal sheet and thin ply around the widows so the edges are a bit fat, the mrs likes this but when i screw them in i think they will bulge a bit,it is not stretchy but will pull a bit so you can pull it around the internal corners and staple inside the cupboards, need 8m in length to do it, PVC door stuff dc wrap I think, more modern wood stripped dark and light will post photos tonight, as my photos are to big to upload now, chris
Attachments
WP_20170512_07_21_19_Pro (5).jpg
(130.21 KiB) Downloaded 129 times

100leelee
80-90 Mem No: 15962

Post by 100leelee »

crickard33 wrote:Martrim ltd in biege a little darker than the original and a little thicker , i think i am going to iron the edges, especially in the upper windows as these are glued to metal sheet and thin ply around the widows so the edges are a bit fat, the mrs likes this but when i screw them in i think they will bulge a bit,it is not stretchy but will pull a bit so you can pull it around the internal corners and staple inside the cupboards, need 8m in length to do it, PVC door stuff dc wrap I think, more modern wood stripped dark and light will post photos tonight, as my photos are to big to upload now, chris

Cheers..
Looks great...
Need to make the unit to go above the cab, have a van conversion and up in the hi top it's a "blank canvas". Lol