Sofa bed in a camper?

The Tardis factor (interiors, awnings, roofs etc)

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

Dad
80-90 Mem No: 11860

Sofa bed in a camper?

Post by Dad »

Whilst taking an old sofa bed apart for disposal, it crossed my mind it might make a camper bed, has anyone done this?
If it's of any interest, I couldn't fit the bed frame and mattress in my car to go to the tip so it's still here..
1990 autosleeper trident 1.9 lpg

meggles

Re: Sofa bed in a camper?

Post by meggles »

During a moment of weakness I bought a T4 which was advertised as a campervan. The only part of it which was anything like a campervan was a metal frame off a futon welded to the rear arches. It was not a very good set up but I managed to adapt it, and then fitted a caravan interior. I would suggest it's probably not worth the effort but hey ho!

CovKid
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 3529

Re: Sofa bed in a camper?

Post by CovKid »

Agree. I messed around for ages with a sofa bed in the early days as the mechanism seemed so impressive. However, they're so over-engineered in comparison to even rock n roll hinges. More trouble than its worth. I wouldn't let my feedback influence you too much though. I love recycling other things. Where theres a will, theres a way. :D
Roller paint your camper at home: http://roller.epizy.com/55554/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; for MP4 download.