Help! - Interior referb in Edinburgh

The Tardis factor (interiors, awnings, roofs etc)

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

Stevo75
80-90 Mem No: 0

Help! - Interior referb in Edinburgh

Post by Stevo75 »

Hi folks. Been an irregular visitor for a couple of years, and have found help when needed in the past, so I now need to ask again! Im in the midst of what has turned into a long refurb project. Got someone else to do the exterior of the van - welding in all the usual places and a spray job I'm fairly happy with.

I had intended to save some pennies by refitting the interior myself. I've got as far as insulation/soundproofing and fitting a new R&R bed and (quite badly) fitting headlining, but now realise that this sort of thing just doesn't mix with a 3yrs old, 8 month old and a full time job :shock: ! So I need to find a reasonable professional or willing and capable amateur who can finish the job - preferably by end of May! Is there anyone out there in Edinburgh or a bit further afield in Scotland who'd be interested in taking this on? No idea about cost so will need to discuss.

Thanks!

Steve

marlinowner
80-90 Mem No: 13646

Re: Help! - Interior referb in Edinburgh

Post by marlinowner »

Not used them, but in Duns

http://www.millgaragecoachworks.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Have done at least one T25.
1993 SA VW T25/T3 2.5i Microbus/homebrew camper
1981/1968 Marlin Kitcar TR6 Engine

Highroller
80-90 Mem No: 12833

Post by Highroller »

I used Mill garage a few years ago to replace my hi-top after a run in with a low barrier. They purchased a second hand top and refurbed it as mine was beyond repair. The finish was good as was their customer care and progress / feedback. I know a few people who have used them and the general consensus is that they are very good but also very expensive. Mine was done through insurance and they charged more than the van was worth but as I had only owned it for a couple of weeks the insurance co. was reluctant to write it off. No harm in giving them a call though.

Do you have an interior to fit or are you looking for someone to build one from scratch?
1991 2.1 WBX Devon microbus twinslider hightop

Stevo75

Post by Stevo75 »

Im looking to reuse parts of the one that was in there but it looks home made to me. I'm planning to add a couple of bits including a roof locker and a proper top bunk.

Stevo75

Post by Stevo75 »

Thanks for the link. Just checked it out and definitely looks a bit high end for my budget! Think I'll press on and just adjust the expectations a bit! Cheers for the tips. Will probably have a few spares up for grabs before I'm done so will post on here.