Just bought a 1984 Devon T25

The Tardis factor (interiors, awnings, roofs etc)

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

yorkieroyal
80-90 Mem No: 15892

Post by yorkieroyal »

I've always loved these campers, but would always find excuses not to buy one. After realising you only live once and at some point my kids will be too old and moody to ever want to spent time with their dad, i've bought a beige t25 1984 Devon conversion . The inside needs some work, but the bodywork looks sound, Of course this could go one of two ways.. and that probably depends on my state of mind, but i'm treating this as an adventure that could take us anywhere..

I've booked the insurance, ready for a pick up on saturday. Next steps are trying to work out how to add some safer seatbelts for my three youngens (plus another adult) and sort some decent campsites out.

I hope its not all an expensive whim, but a real way to have some family fun and connect with life again.

Lets see how we go... oh any tips... however ridiculous... please pass them over.

DoubleOSeven
80-90 Mem No: 14520

Post by DoubleOSeven »

A good life choice, I'm sure you'll enjoy the time in it. Don't expect to just get in it and shoot off on holiday at a whim, it'll need good servicing and regular effort into its maintenance. Only then will it be reliable and safe enough for your family. But don't worry too much, stick your head underneath it and in the engine bay at least once a month and you'll be fine.
Camping: Don't go buying loads of stuff initially. Go camping a few times and then you'll know what exactly what you need. Keep it simple. A cool box, water container, kettle - obviously! ;) a few plates, mugs & cutlery will do, maybe a lamp for the evenings. That'll do.

Have Fun!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1990 Volkswagen Transporter 2.1 Manual
2005 Porsche 911 3.6 Manual
2012 Volkswagen Polo 1.4 Automatic

paperhouselad
80-90 Mem No: 10768

Re: Just bought a 1984 Devon T25

Post by paperhouselad »

Yes good luck and happy camping, as above don't go splashing the cash on stuff you might not need, so a "trial run" near to home or even at home to see what you might or might not need, happy camping. :ok

fazzer
80-90 Mem No: 7803

Post by fazzer »

Another tip buy a drive away awning as gets a bit cramped with wife and kids(I know).my wife was fed up with camper and wanted a bigger camper with more room so I just bought an awning instead now she happy again.Enjoy the experience and don't forget to give other t25 owners a wave.

yorkieroyal
80-90 Mem No: 15892

Post by yorkieroyal »

Thanks guys.. the next task will be to learn to post in the correct section ;-)

evilnoodle
80-90 Mem No: 10633

Post by evilnoodle »

Don't forget to post some pics up once you get the van home :ok
Jane :-)

LIVE YOUR DREAMS......................except for the one about being eaten by a giant spider!