'The Cupboard' - finished custom built by mother & daughter

The Tardis factor (interiors, awnings, roofs etc)

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

bigbadbob76
80-90 Mem No: 15707

Re: 'The Cupboard' - finished custom built by mother & daughter

Post by bigbadbob76 »

BohemiVan wrote:Probably if you can't stand under a cupboard because there's a sink under it then you won't bang your head on it.

I had a look and found I'd bang my head on it as I peered into the pot to see if my dinner was burned, then bang it again as I washed the burned remains in the sink. :lol:
I also discussed folding with the greyhound and she looked at me with disgust. The indignity would be too much for her. She reckons she belongs on the bed and we can sleep in a cupboard if we wish. :lol:
'86 1.9 DG, 4 spd, tintop, camper conversion.
Split case club member.

BohemiVan

Post by BohemiVan »

bigbadbob76 wrote:
BohemiVan wrote:Probably if you can't stand under a cupboard because there's a sink under it then you won't bang your head on it.

I had a look and found I'd bang my head on it as I peered into the pot to see if my dinner was burned, then bang it again as I washed the burned remains in the sink. :lol:
I also discussed folding with the greyhound and she looked at me with disgust. The indignity would be too much for her. She reckons she belongs on the bed and we can sleep in a cupboard if we wish. :lol:

Fear not, every problem has a solution. All you'll need is a periscope and a dog with detachable legs :lol:

Ian and Lins
80-90 Mem No: 3532

Post by Ian and Lins »

That's a really well done and thought out job. Ours is a box standard Auto Sleeper so we have worked around fitting into that and it's okay. But it's not as personal as yours. It must be quite nice starting with an empty shell and really making it yours.
Are we going on anything else?

1985 Petrol 1.9 A/S Hightop

BohemiVan

Post by BohemiVan »

Ian and Lins wrote:That's a really well done and thought out job. Ours is a box standard Auto Sleeper so we have worked around fitting into that and it's okay. But it's not as personal as yours. It must be quite nice starting with an empty shell and really making it yours.

Thank you. I would have quite liked to have had it all there to start with and then just prettied it up but it was a very empty bus when I got it....just a manky back seat and nothing else. I'm looking forward to getting it finished so I can enjoy it. That will be a fine day :D

bigbadbob76

Post by bigbadbob76 »

BohemiVan wrote:Fear not, every problem has a solution. All you'll need is a periscope and a dog with detachable legs :lol:

like it. :rofl

I have a wife with a detachable leg but she refuses to be folded either.
To paraphrase Peanut M&M " you get in the cupboard!"
Split case club member.

BohemiVan

Post by BohemiVan »

bigbadbob76 wrote:
BohemiVan wrote:Fear not, every problem has a solution. All you'll need is a periscope and a dog with detachable legs :lol:

like it. :rofl

I have a wife with a detachable leg but she refuses to be folded either.
To paraphrase Peanut M&M " you get in the cupboard!"

What an unbending wife you have?! Try throwing a bar of chocolate into the back of the cupboard. Same trick works well on dogs. :lol:

bigbadbob76

Post by bigbadbob76 »

[quote="BohemiVan" Try throwing a bar of chocolate into the back of the cupboard. Same trick works well on dogs. :lol:[/quote]

Your suggestion worked well at first, chocolate was thrown in and the wife dived in after it. unfortunately she's now stuck in the cupboard and I've had to go to work.
I'll nip home at lunchtime and see if she's wriggled free. She'll be getting hungry soon but if I throw in more chocolate that will only make the problem worse.

We seem to have got a bit off topic here but I like your sense of humour, it's about as warped as mine. :lol:
Split case club member.

BohemiVan

Post by BohemiVan »

bigbadbob76 wrote:[quote="BohemiVan" Try throwing a bar of chocolate into the back of the cupboard. Same trick works well on dogs. :lol:

Your suggestion worked well at first, chocolate was thrown in and the wife dived in after it. unfortunately she's now stuck in the cupboard and I've had to go to work.
I'll nip home at lunchtime and see if she's wriggled free. She'll be getting hungry soon but if I throw in more chocolate that will only make the problem worse.

We seem to have got a bit off topic here but I like your sense of humour, it's about as warped as mine. :lol:[/quote]

No problem. Chocolate solves all women problems. Just leave a bar of chocolate on the other side of the van and she'll wriggle free eventually :lol: