roof vent/window mechanism loose

The Tardis factor (interiors, awnings, roofs etc)

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

ToolkiT73
80-90 Mem No: 0

roof vent/window mechanism loose

Post by ToolkiT73 »

My autosleeper roof has a pop up window/vent that has a mechanism to wind it up and down.
However the arm does not connect to the window anymore. I can see there is a gap where I can pop it in but can't reach with the arm that far..
So looking at the outsider from top of the roof, the window hinges on a click in mechanism.. so I suspect I can pop it off, hook up the arm and pop it back in.. but giving the age of the plastic I am reluctant to try too hard untill I know this is the way.. dont want to break it off..

Any ideas?

Porkscratching
80-90 Mem No: 17422

Re: roof vent/window mechanism loose

Post by Porkscratching »

I'm not sure I'm understanding your dilemma but if you can't reach because you're too short, stand something, a chair perhaps.

Max
1990 Westy HiTop 1.6 JX
Time is precious, waste it wisely folks.

ToolkiT73
80-90 Mem No: 0

Re: roof vent/window mechanism loose

Post by ToolkiT73 »

dubdog&max wrote:I'm not sure I'm understanding your dilemma but if you can't reach because you're too short, stand something, a chair perhaps.

Max
I'm 6ft tall so my height is not the problem :)
Let le try to clarify:
The roofvent/window (not sure what the official name is..) has a lift-arm with a lever which allows you to wind it up and down. The liftarm has a round connector at the end which pops into a hole in the roofwindow. It then slides in a slot as you move it up or down. Problem is that the liftarm goes up straight but in order to get the end in the entryhole (mind out of gutter!) it needs to change angle. So my theory is that you can click out the roofwindow from the hingepoint, pop the liftarm into the hole and then pop the window back in the hinge..