ARB or Fiamna awning?

The Tardis factor (interiors, awnings, roofs etc)

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

wolfbus.uk
80-90 Mem No: 0

Re: ARB or Fiamna awning?

Post by wolfbus.uk »

clift_d wrote:
wolfbus.uk wrote:Helpful post cheers, good to know the fiamma is not up for syncro-ing.

It can be. All you need to do is stick a couple of cable ties around the closed awning before you go off-road and you won't hear a peep from it.

Thanks, noted.

This entire thread is an example of all that is good about 8090.
It is so refreshing to be unbullshitted.

clift_d
80-90 Mem No: 11695

Post by clift_d »

:ok
1988 LHD T25 1.6TD Westfalia Club Joker Hightop syncro

dobby1sock
80-90 Mem No: 14794

Post by dobby1sock »

Just received ARB awning and room with floor. Looks and feels quality .fitting it at the weekend.
Supplied by campervan culture, fast service . Will let you know what I think, when its had a few outings.
Happy camping.

California Dreamin
80-90 Mem No: 8386

Post by California Dreamin »

Yes please report back..take pics etc..

Martn
1989 California 2.1MV

nordberg
80-90 Mem No: 14064

Post by nordberg »

Fiamma F35 takes my vote. Good strong cartridge and all has worked faultlessly on every trip. However, mine does pop out a little at one end when wound in, but I think this is just down to adjustment (I really need to take a look at that), but nothing a velcro strap wouldn't sort out. As far as Fiamma spares are concerned, I have always been surprised at how cheap they are, and how many of the spares are available. Can't comment on ARB
Red Atlantic pop top (1.9AAZ engine)http://www.daswolfgang.com

Tufty_B
80-90 Mem No: 13025

Post by Tufty_B »

nordberg wrote:Fiamma F35 takes my vote. Good strong cartridge and all has worked faultlessly on every trip. However, mine does pop out a little at one end when wound in, but I think this is just down to adjustment (I really need to take a look at that), but nothing a velcro strap wouldn't sort out. As far as Fiamma spares are concerned, I have always been surprised at how cheap they are, and how many of the spares are available. Can't comment on ARB
A bit off topic, but one way to sort out the issue of one end not fully closing is to use some tape as in step 5 of //cloud.tapatalk.com/s/58cec09666c ... %20Bar.pdf

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Mike

The robots are coming.

(1990 Westy Syncro 2.1 DJ - Converted from a Caravelle)

nordberg
80-90 Mem No: 14064

Post by nordberg »

Tufty_B wrote:
nordberg wrote:Fiamma F35 takes my vote. Good strong cartridge and all has worked faultlessly on every trip. However, mine does pop out a little at one end when wound in, but I think this is just down to adjustment (I really need to take a look at that), but nothing a velcro strap wouldn't sort out. As far as Fiamma spares are concerned, I have always been surprised at how cheap they are, and how many of the spares are available. Can't comment on ARB
A bit off topic, but one way to sort out the issue of one end not fully closing is to use some tape as in step 5 of //cloud.tapatalk.com/s/58cec09666c ... %20Bar.pdf

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Thanks Tufty. That's really helpful :)
Red Atlantic pop top (1.9AAZ engine)http://www.daswolfgang.com

itchyfeet
80-90 Mem No: 12733

Post by itchyfeet »

California Dreamin wrote:And
Conscious that i haven't seen an ARB in the flesh and I believe Jed when he says it's good quality but I can't get away from the 'size thing' and my own experience of going from a 2.6M F45Ti to a 3.0M F45S and how much better the extra width protects the sliding door opening in the rain.

So for me, the choices are not those given in the original post but between these two:

2.5 meter ARB with mounts @ £369.99
Versa's
3.0 meter F35 Pro with mounts (This bigger size is the SAME PRICE as the 2.5m ARB)

Martin

You used to take the mick out of my 3m F45 saying it looked wrong, practicality wins the day.
just got to figure out how to fit mine to my poptop now
1988 DG WBX LPG Tin Top
1989 DJ digijet WBX Holdsworth Villa 3 Pop Top
itchylinks

California Dreamin

No offense intended and apologies for being a bit insensitive, the way yours overhangs a little on your particular roof line has no baring on its practicality, the longer 3 meter size wins hands down without a doubt.
IMO..and in most cases, the 2.5/2.6m size does look better aesthetically...I am playing devils advocate here, however, lets be honest, the main reason for buying one of these is its function and not which one looks marginally better than the other on the bus.

Martin
1989 California 2.1MV

djswain1
80-90 Mem No: 15611

Post by djswain1 »

Finished off fitting my 2.3m Fiamma Caravanstore that I got for free from my sister.
Bought a set of Fiamma F45 T25 gutter brackets, 2.4m ally box section with end caps and a three part 3.6m awning rail extrusion of which I used the two 1.2m end sections. So has probably cost me £100 ImageImageImage

Sent from my SM-J510FN using Tapatalk
Bessie the bus- 1987 Holdswoth Vision 1.9DG auto with VW factory hitop

California Dreamin

Great install, I've seen too many interfering with the door opening so you have done well to pull it out the way. I fabricated a 'splash curtain' in that gap between the case (in your instance pouch) as you will find rain splashing/dripping in through that gap.
Nice thing about your setup is you could add something a little longer if you feel the need to give your sliding door more protection.

Martin
1989 California 2.1MV